Rytm mkII pads bug

Hmmm. When I first powered up the AR MkII this morning, pads 1, 2, 3, 7, and 8 were all misbehaving in Mute mode. This was after not having the unit powered up for a few days. It seemed to right itself once I’d played with the pads for a few minutes, though. Maybe they just needed to ‘loosen up’ Time will tell.

Maybe the retailer gave you the exact same unit back, hoping you wouldn’t notice… :open_mouth:

this was one of my hypothesis but yesterday i’ve played for hours but the strange pads behavior didn’t stop

i’m sure not since i checked the serial number every time

I am hoping that this is indeed the case with mine - my unit had brand new pads installed and calibrated by Elektron a couple of weeks ago, so if the issue returns, it suggests a much bigger problem. I checked again a few minutes ago (after leaving it on for a bit) and it isn’t misbehaving now. I am hopeful, but skeptical.

reading all the threads on the blog i’m start thinking that this is a native issue and not circumscribed to some units, but i strongly hope to be wrong

That’s my fear, as well.

This whole thread sounds a bit like deja vu to me. The descriptions of this problem all seem to match the complaints people were posting when the AR mkii was first released. I guess it continues.

Anyway… in my case all those crazy mute and spontaneous triggering went away after I spent some time massaging the pads a bit, moving them side to side and up and down (rather than pressing them). I could feel that several of them were stuck underneath, or I should say, I could feel the moment they became unstuck as I moved them. Maybe I just got lucky, but its been 6 months and the problem has not returned.

1 Like

Mine has only gotten worse today,

I made a factory reset today and my problems with the pads disappeared. Pretty unexpected. I’ll give this thing some more time, would be surprised if that was the solution. When I have a little more time, I will try to use the machine heavily to see if the problem occurs again. I’m keeping you updated

didn’t worked with mine, i’ve sent it back and now i’m waiting for the FOURTH unit or a repair/recalibration, glad that your work fine now but there should not be any need of all this tricks, infinite replacement etc. for have a professional and expansive (not overpriced imo but expansive) device working as intended to not mention all the os upgrades that make it seem the product was released incomplete or in beta ( seems like nowdays videogames modus opernadi if you know what i mean ahahah)

I have sooo much material on my AR2 now, that if it were to die on me, I’d be completely livid. I have all my projects backed up, but reloading all of my samples into their proper slots would be a gargantuan task that might possibly drive me mad.

from what i know the project save the samples assignment and the new transfer should make the process of handling samples easier (not sure since i never use it for now) btw hope your will live forever without problems… and my next too

1 Like

Guess what: It happened again. My unit startet bugging around again 2 days ago. I’m shipping it back to my retailer now. Btw the Serial number of my device ended with 72 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

mine has arrived today to the motherbase as my retailer told me, so i suppose to receive a fix and not a fourth machine

If it gets repaired you have at least good chances to get a working machine back. Finally

1 Like

If it gets repaired you have at least good chances to get a working machine back. Finally

Maybe. Mine came back from Elektron with new pads/calibration and only days later it was misbehaving again. I’m waiting for a response on the support ticket. I reckon it’s going back yet again.

this is discouraging and absurd… are you paying the shipping costs too?

Shipping wasn’t at all bad last time. I’m not sure if I’ll have to pay it this time, given that they didn’t actually fix it properly on the last go.

this is really frustrating :open_mouth: