Rytm mkII pads bug

In mute mode, the pads are way more sensitive that in play mode. I think this is configured before the unit is shipped. I have 2 rytms and both dont randomly mute/unmute tracks so I think you should send it back to have it recalibrated

yeah i was afraid of this. i’ll give the factory reset a shot, but no expectations at all. we’ll see

Please post the results

1 Like

If pads can be recalibrated by Elektron in the factory it would be very useful that they release a software tool to allow users to customize the pad sensitivity for themselves … assuming it is a software thing

2 Likes

I was told before I sent my ARK MkII in that pad calibration requires specific hardware and must be done at the factory.

As an aside, mine is still working fine after coming back from Elektron - as far as I can tell, anyway. I’ve not had much time with it.

1 Like

seems that the issue is back, in the last days (after upgrading to new os) the strange pad behavior in mute and select track mode (less in select track) is happening again. did a test mode and does not report problem, as i learned in this forum it should be sure an hardware problem but anyone had this problem after the last os upgrade?

Did you send yours into Elektron for repair/recalibration, or did you return it to the retailer and get a replacement?

the second one

…i don’t like monday machines…

but even sturdy guys like the elektron posse can’t be save from mondays, sometimes…

better luck with the third replacement…ask for a different batch…

It’s still too early to tell, but as I said, I sent mine directly to Elektron and they replaced the pads (and, I assume, did a recalibration), and it has worked properly since. Admittedly, I haven’t had much time to spend with it, so I can’t be sure yet, but each time I’ve tried it since getting it back, it has behaved as it should.

This happened to me after a few years with my mk1. The problem was debris under the pads. Opening the machine, removing the pads, and giving a good spray of air on the surfaces solved it.

could be the right solution anyway i noticed that this happen only with some combinations of pad pressed together and with a mid/high pressure

excuse the ignorance but what is a monday machine?

That sounds much less severe than the problems I was having, and judging from the fact that my pads were replaced, my issue went beyond mere calibration issues. Mine was somewhat predictable, happening more with some pads than others, but it didin’t seem to matter if the velocity/pressure was light or heavy. Sometimes it wouldn’t be a problem for a few minutes, but only for a few minutes. It made it impossible to mute on the fly.

Your problem sounds more like the issue I had on my MkI - which was also fixed by Elektron.

playing a little bit now i also discovered that some pads become unresponsive and the machine become really hot after some time… your previous one did it too?

I never noticed it becoming hot, but it might have.

monday gadgets…we have that as a fixed expression in germany (montags gerät) for any goods made or leavin’ the factory on the first day of the week…

common thing, whatever ur producing once u reached a certain amount of products to deliver…
…and even elektrons swedish solid basic quality is not absolutely save from this curse…

so, no…it’s not ur curse here…i can only recommend to ask for a rytm from a different batch…

thank for the clarification and yes i will ask from a different batch (mine sn end with 72)

just checked the solo mode (select one or more track for play lonely ) and discovered that it does the same behavior if for soloing you mean this or are you referring to another way of soloing?

don’t think is my case but i will check, thank