Alternative Multi-TT USB 3.0 Hubs?

I’m having reliability problems with my MOTU Ultralite mk4 and I suspect it may be USB issues. I’ve got a USB 3.0 hub by Anker but a buddy of mine recommended I try a multi-tt hub.

All the Multi-TT hubs I’ve seen are USB 2.0. The only Multi-TT USB 3.0 hub that I can find seems to be the Elektron Overhub. I’m considering buying it but want to first research alternatives in case there are others out there.

Has anyone come across any other good multi-TT USB 3 hubs?

I don’t know if this helps, but since I didn’t know what “TT” was I looked it up to see and this was a reply from a manufacturer of USB hubs.

All USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 traffic goes straight through (no “Transaction Translator” required). Where “Multi-TT” comes into play is with USB 1.1 devices – these transactions are actually translated to run over the USB 2.0 bus.

When USB 1.1 devices were common, it used to be common for hubs to advertise “multi-tt” because it made a difference. Nowadays, it doesn’t. So VIA (the hub chip in the model you’re asking about) doesn’t make specific claims abou**t multiple 1.1 translations. 1.1 devices do work, however, and you can have any number connected. If you really loaded up with 1.1 devices, you’d probably see a performance drop (not tested since that would be really uncommon).

But they have to be powered to handle the traffic.
Unless Elektron has some other features inside…don’t know
I’m getting this one: SOWTECH ST-CA024

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Good USB hubs? (Now that OB has been out for a minute)