All pattern clear?

Hello all, is there a way of clearing all the patterns in the a4?want to start from scratch :blush: many thanks Rick

Start a new project

2 Likes

Will that clear all the patterns? A lot of factory pattern’s that I just want to clear, just want my own :blush:

Factory patterns are part of a default project. This can be deleted but just start a new project then you have 128 new patterns available.

1 Like

I think @void may have created a tabula rasa sysex dump patch to wipe all patterns and assign kits matching the pattern number, might have vanished now we’re on 2.0, but I’m sure you can find it if it’s of use

3 Likes

aye! here’s a link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50830178/tabula_rasa.syx

original thread: http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=2&func=view&catid=9&id=218448

this is an old file, for an old A4 OS - should still work though!

2 Likes

Used it yesterday on 1.3 - still works.

I think I read in the 1.3 notes that you no longer need to place a trig to save a pattern now(?) Will check it later. Could be even more ‘rasa’ if so.

EDIT: I meant 1.23. Forgot that 1.3 was just for Rytm.

well, yeah, the kit/pattern relationship is stickier now, you can associate a kit to the pattern and it’ll remember (sans trigs), except, if like me, you use patterns as perpetual live blank scratch pads, and you frequently clear the pattern, it will revert to Kit 1 at next boot … so indeed, the sysex mentioned above contains an extra but very benign trig

to quote release notes ftr :
Added possibility to maintain kit association also for empty patterns. The association will become persistent once a kit has been loaded or saved, or if the pattern is edited. To remove the association, the pattern must be cleared.

Hmmm. I would have preferred for the Kit association to have remained after a Clear. I suppose it’s only a few steps, <0.5sec, to reassign it.

I guess it’s the way it is, my bigger anxiety is that a temporary kit you were working on is now no longer in view, which one was it you last tinkered with, was it kit19 was it kit 33 ? so when you clear and power down you’re basically out of luck if you don’t recall your last kit selection and tweaks - this is different, less favourable to my scratchpad approach, but it is what it is !

Is there something like this for the AR or MM?

PS granted, it’s not like it’s too difficult to do it individually, just nice to have other options.

made the same thing for AR, got lost with the old Elektronauts. here it is:

2 Likes

The links for A4 are down any kind soul here that could reupload this?
The AR file doesn’t do anything (probably because it shouldn’t :D)

Cheers