ALL of the plug-ins

NI software is painful to use because it’s so bloated, not optimised and out-of-date. i really loved most of their stuff, but i just can’t anymore. their whole ecosystem needs an overhaul, which i have not much hope for because in their case it is not an easy task and the company, as i understand, is not in a good place right now.

2 Likes

Have you used Komplete Kontrol?
My experience has shown that this has remedied those issues. I used to hate using NI synths for all the reasons you mentioned , but KK over the last couple updates has changed that completely.

This is the overhauled ecosystem. Perhaps not “completely”, but enough to get the joy back.

2 Likes

No Ohmicide? I’m shocked. Thats perhaps one of the greatest multi band distortion plugins out there.

4 Likes

What about Reaktor? I dislike all the NI plugins because they are not clear on how to load them- why do I have to dig through folders and pick the right binary between all those files? They can keep their stuff and should think about removing their nasty layer of inconvenience.

That 80s juni synth seems nice though… but I won‘t give them money!

By the way: I am a bit shocked none of you is using Omnisphere!?

1 Like

The Komplete Kontrol VST changes this.
It’s unified. You load a Kontakt lib the same way you load a Reaktor ensemble. And you save them the same way too.

KK VST is free. Give it a try. I don’t want to hijack this thread more than we already have.

hm, i’ll try it, thanks!

Me too. I just figured someone listed it as it’s one of the best sounding things I’ve come across.

Reaktor is great, but is always gives more questions than answers, to me anyway.

Oh yeah, this, I only got it recently and forgot to install it, it honestly sounds pretty incredible.

The video really doesn’t do a great job of showing you how good it sounds.

1 Like

I don‘t know the new workflow looks like - but loading ensembles was always problematic for me. One plugin and 5 file extensions …? Nobody knows what to load where … And there was no help - it always seemed like I was too dumb to use it but it‘s just a bad design imho. Not even pirated I would use it again. But an overhaul is long overdue if you ask me.

@og_tea_boi Quanta is great - using it on my iPad.

Anyone using Audio Damage’s Continua? Looks pretty cool to me. Modulate everything!

1 Like

My List is short these days, but I mostly used NI stuff since the beginning.
Reaktor- Super 8 would be nice on KK. I might bite with a compact kb. @AdamJay
Soundtoys Rack- I think I’m done with VST effects after getting this one.
FM8- I plan to learn FM on it someday.
Absynth- Love the sampler part of it.
TAL Juno Chorus- Just downloaded this one for free, cuz I saw it in this thread. Gave me a reason to use OB audio on my AK. Glorious. Thank you.
Valhalla Supr Massive- Damn WTF free.
IL Edison- I’m trying to use this as my simple go to audio editor. Great for recording straight from a channel in Bitwig. Slice and dice. Normalize. Simple. Love it.
That’s it really. Trying to keep it simple.

3 Likes

I have way too many plugins but there are a few I use consistently.

I tend to use these soft synths the most, especially the U-He ones;

U-He Diva, Repro 1/5 and Zebra 2
Arturia V Collection
TAL U-No-LX and Bassline

Although I’ve just got stuck into Softube Modular which is fast becoming a new favourite…

FX/Mixing/Mastering:

U-He Satin & Presswerk
Valhalla VintageVerb, Room & Shimmer
Goodhertz Wow Control, Midside & Vulf Compressor
Soundtoys 5 for most fx (especially Echoboy, Decapitator, PanMan and Radiator)
iZotope Ozone

I’ve used a lot of other plugins in the past and occasionally dip into them now but the ones I listed are definitely my go-to’s. For some reason I never really got into using the native Ableton plugins (except EQ8 and the compressor). I know they’re great but I guess they don’t seem quite as sexy!

2 Likes

Hi there,

Well, difficult to list everything, but will name the most used at least. I do not have they many plugins though, but still, and they are mostly mixing and mastering tools anyway:

Soundtoys effect rack, mostly Echoboy, filterfreak and the Pan Man.
Goodhertz vulf and wow control
NI raum
Izotope ozone 9 vintage EQ, dynamics, EQ, maximizer.
Izotope TBC
Izotope RX 7
Waves 1176 and LA2A/3A emulations, aphex exciter
Ableton stock EQ
Ableton effect rack
Brainworx Focusrite channel strip
Reason MClass maximizer (only for the soft clipper)
Forgotten compressor
Selig colouring EQ
Sonarworks

Instruments, basically Reason suite instruments and players, plus rack extensions and NI massive cause that’s all I have in plugin format.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot U-he Repro Bundle, which is amazing…But, I use it much less now that I have the Analog Keys. Wish they would release the effects that are on those synths separately. Such good effects for synths.

4 Likes

They really are rather special. I tend to favour Diva over Repro 5, but the original Repro 1 is my favourite mono :ok_hand:

4 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Effects plugins recommendations?

@jdaddyaz ooh baby I like this! Would be crazy if analog heat had some of this in it. Wow.

1 Like

Yessss Elektron Digital Grit box please!

2 Likes

Well I’m rooting for you.

1 Like

The topic has evidently lost its direction, there were flags about that alrerady but we were (mistakenly) hopeful it would not go so far off - this wasn’t a catchall topic to discuss any upcoming plugins or plugins in general - either find or make such a topic or aim to steer it back. tia

2 Likes