All General Digitone Operating Questions

Maybe it refers to operators 2 and 4 which might mean A and B2 - will experiment :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was my thinking too :slight_smile:

Yes! Sorry, this should be renamed in the LFO list and added to the manual.

3 Likes

I have a question about the LFO trig function in the trig page. According to the manual this function controls if the LFO is trigged or not, but for me the LFO is always triggered even when the function is off.

Is it something that I am missing or is it a bug?

Ps. The filter trig function is working like it should.

Thatā€™s great, thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Digitone users remember to backup your sounds (presets) manually from inside the Sound Manager. All your sounds are NOT backed up via the project export.

Ess said:
ā€œ The Sound Pool is a part of the project - so that is included in the project syx.
And any sound that is loaded onto a track in any Pattern is part of that Pattern, which is a part of the Project ā€¦

As for the Sounds on the +Drive (those you load from the Sound Manager), no they are not a part of the Project data, they are stored separately and can be sent/loaded via the Sound Manager or the SysEx menu.

Here is the data structure from the manual as a reference

image.png796x510 16.5 KB

The +Drive is the main repository from which all data is loaded to RAM (active Project)ā€

2 Likes

Just got Digitone, just feeling my way around, amazing instrument-
(I also have Digitakt A4 and Machinedrum), but my question is:
What am I doing wrong, with the Mutes? Sometimes when I want to go to sequence track 2 for example, I donā€™t get the Green bright light for recording, its freezing and doesnā€™t allow me to quickly go to recording on a new track. I am hitting the Function plus T2 Mute button several times, but it doesnā€™t do anything to allow me to go to recording modeā€¦ The Bank Mute button is not lit either so its not thatā€¦Something dumb Im doing of courseā€¦ answers?

There are two different types of Mute modes accessible by toggling Fn+Bank. Toggle between these and make sure everything is illuminated

2 Likes

ok thanks again.

1 Like

Func+track button doesnā€™t go into recording mode, it just enables/disables the sequence for the track.

2 Likes

I would recommend using the pattern mute (PTN+Track keys) since it is pattern specific and you donā€™t have to mute/unmute when changing to the next pattern.

2 Likes

Hi there
Question about midi loopback trick

So Iā€™ve got my midi out going to the midi in of the DN.

I set up some midi tracks on the FX midi channel.

Assign those midi tracks to control the FX parameters.

The problem is, when I parameter lock the midi control, even with a very wide swinging parameter locks (eg step 1 at zero and step two at 119) the parameter only moves a tiny bit.

Sometimes I can get it to swing wildly as Iā€™ve parameter locked it, sometimes not.

Iā€™m just wondering if someone has run across this and knows what Iā€™m doing wrong. I like the sound of parameter locking the master FX.

Question about track length. I canā€™t seem to get one track to be a different length than other tracks. The manual is pretty skimpy on this feature or maybe theres a setting Iā€™m missing or maybe its a bug. IDK. Anyone have any advice on this? Thanks

You need to read about Length Per Track mode in the Scale Menu. Itā€™s described in full on pages 37 and 38 of the current version of the manual.

Try that out and let us know whether itā€™s working for you.

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™m on it

Why is it so that when I record a sequence via ext midi keyboard and do not turn off live recording after recording my sequence, it starts ā€œoverdubbingā€ the silence thus replacing all just recorded notes with no notes? Itā€™s strange because live recording mode without midi notes incoming should be very useful to motion sequence p locks, right?

restarted digitone, copied sound, cleared pattern, now it stopped doing it

now it started doing it again though this is so strange!

hey man, ive never had that happen normally it wont record empty trigs into a sequence,
it should just play the notes in the sequencer not record silence and record any aditional trigs or automationā€¦

No long stuck note somewhere? I mean a hanging midi note might overwrite trigs. Just guessing though. Maybe a bug.