All General Digitone Operating Questions

Hi folks,

I got a “lock memory full” message on the Digitone, and indeed, the pattern would not allow me to input any additional parameter triggers. Note triggers were fine, though. What is the actual limit per pattern, do we know?

The manual (page 35) says that:

Up to 72 different parameters can be locked in a pattern. A parameter counts as one locked parameter no matter how many trigs lock it.

1 Like

How the heck can I repeat pattern 1 in a chain? I can repeat all the patterns in a chain but can’t figure out how to repeat the first one because once I take my finger off, it’s gone. I repeat others while holding down the first pattern trig.

@BruteCoan i recommend pasting to another pattern and using that to repeat the pattern

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply!

I thought that meant the number of editable parameters altogether… Over four tracks this limit is easy to reach, it seems.

Would be nice to have at least twice that many to really squeeze the juice out of the engine, still.

Man I’m a dufus. Thanks :+1:

1 Like

I think 72 different parameters per pattern is pretty impressive! That’s 18 per track.

The following part in the manual says:
“…If for example the cutoff parameter of the filter is locked on every sequencer step, there are still 71 other parameters that can be locked.”

Any insight into how Overbridge is supposed to function with the new 1.1 update?

I’ve installed the OS update and Overbridge, set the DN to Overbridge mode, which reboots the units but it doesn’t correctly install new drivers in this new Overbridge mode.

There doesn’t seem to be anything in Overbridge itself talking about the DN.

What am I missing here?

Overbridge for digitone hasnt been released yet. Hopefully we’ll see it shortly, it just entered private beta yesterday.

1 Like

Is there any reason why the trig keys on my Digitone won’t work in Chromatic mode?

They light up as a keyboard, I’m not i grid recording, the track makes sound when I sequence it in grid recording, but I can’t get it to sound in Chromatic mode.

I have tried with several tracks, presets as well as new ones, in several patterns and banks.

I seem to recall this used to work before the latest upgrade, could it be a bug?

Have you checked the Trig Key Destination setting in the Port Config Menu? It shouldn’t be the default setting but perhaps it was set to External mistakenly.

3 Likes

Yes, that solved it. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Newbie question. What does the LFO destination pitch 2 and 4 mean? Is there a list of the destinations & their meanings anywhere?

Thanks

Hy,
I oddly found out after getting an a4 that the sequencer cannot unlike on the OT be given individual multiplications of the master tempo. there if i play at 100mastertempo i can have a sequence of 64 8th notes (if it is set to play at 1/4 of the master tempo, actally playing 16ths at 25bpm) repeating independently of another sequence of 64 16ths on another track. giving me the possibility to have long chord chains of simpler rythms and shorter patterns of more intricate (faster) stuff.
on the a4 i can only multiply the mastertime itself, slowing or speeding all of the tracks at the same time (kind of pointless if there is also regular tempo adjustment…) does the digitone allow for individual multiplication of the mastertempo per track?
its actually a really helpful feature, and would be even more so on a multitrack synth… the manual is a bit unclear on it.
thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

No, it is highly requested feature though.

1 Like

Hi guys,
what’s the polyphony for digitone’s midi tracks ? 8 notes or 4 like digitakt,octatrack…

How can I easily sequence drum track with digitone? For me, parameter locking each step is painful and not intuitive.

I usually connect my keystep to the digitone and play, so I hope if there is any way to connect a midi drum controller(e.g. beatstep pro) to the digitone and live record with it, or route it to my laptop and somehow manipluate the signal and send it back to digitone(with new overbridge maybe?).

This way, I don’t have to buy a drum synth for drum sound, instead I can use lovely FM drum which I have already!

Well, you have 4 tracks so that will give you four different sounds. You have sound locking as well where you can put the sounds of the sound pool on any step but that includes using the sequencer. I think you could get use to it, it’s a great great machine.

Apart from that I don’t see how you could get more sounds without using the sequencer. With mod wheel and after touch you could transform the sound on each track to a different one.

Guys, can help me with some questions pls?

On the the Track Note menu, the keyboard scale settings affects DN keys and external keyboard when using Auto channel. So it should work also on Midi tracks (on Auto channel), right?

Also the arpeggiator speed is always a division from master clock (not multiplier)? How I can get a retrigger effect from DN?

Also wondering what “pitch 2 and 4” means, anyone know?