Erased

I keep hearing this term thrown around and I don’t know what it means lol

This…

5 Likes

sounds pretty rad

Warp is record label that was started in 1989. Look for their releases from early '90s to hear ‘that early 90s warp sound’.

I think that was pretty much when the term IDM was invented - to distinguish many of the early Warp releases from straight up ‘club music’ (techno, house, etc.)

1 Like

I just got a quadraverb GT. The thing I like about quads is, it places your sounds in space. Rather than sounding like an effect added to your sounds. If you know what I mean?
I have mine set up as a send on my mixer. Way better than my old reverb pedal!

A very well made video by @Hainbach that demonstrates pretty perfectly why the Quadraverb is so special.

11 Likes

I bought a QV last year and use it on everything. I updated the Firmware using an EPROM and when I opened the thing up it was still pristine inside and turns out it was older than me!!!
I couldn’t find much online videos showing it or what it sounded like, so I just took a risk and it paid off :slight_smile: It’s basically instant 90s Warp Records :smiley:
Will check out this video as I’m sure it’s great

1 Like

Just bought a Midiverb II yesterday while visiting Sacramento to help my sister with home renovations, dead mint, very cheap too! Can’t wait to get it into the rack, gave my last one away as a gift and I’ve missed it ever since!!!

5 Likes

The way he overdrives it - I always freak out with this thinking I will break the thing as the input light goes red and says “CLIP”.
Is this even possible to break with a reasonable audio signal (not expecting 1000V input to work :P) Or am I just being overly cautious?

A great video by Hainbach! Not sure I’m gonna get a second QV but it’s certainly something to consider… Or maybe get a Midiverb II to go with the QV.

1 Like

i dont even have to check the reverb page to see the prices rising after that video

2 Likes

”It’s not very instagrammable”. :rofl:

Just sent my midiverb1 to repair… Hope this baby will work fine… Bought it for 30 or 20 euros…

2 Likes

I love Alesis effect units, and own a Midiverb II, Midiverb IV, and two Quadraverbs with the Plus firmware update. All of them were purchased very cheap on the used market.

I only have one, and thanks to Hainbach I’ll probably never be able to afford another one. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

You are being way too cautious. The red LED is there to be used.

2 Likes

i wish alesis released a modern desktop box with some of these algorithms

2 Likes

I think there are just so many Quadraverbs out there that the prices won’t skyrocket overnight. Especially if you can find a unit more or less locally (meaning not on Reverb)… Then again, I’ve been wrong about similar things before. :smiley:

3 Likes

haha that’s good to know! :slight_smile: A few times a filter sweep has created some craaazy sounds going through it and I’ve always been like "oh shit that was lucky I recorded that because I don’t want to do that again :smiley: "

You are definitely right. Luckily, I also don’t care too much for the overdrive technique he shares in the video. One is enough for me.