AKeys Crashes Macbook Pro

Hello all,

I couldn’t find another post on this but maybe I didn’t search hard enough. Anyway…

When I am hooking up my analog keys (Os 1.40a, Overbridge 2.0.30.3) via USB for any reason it seems to send some sort of surge to my Macbook Pro (Mid 2015 15 inch, 2.2ghz i7 quad core, Mac os Catalina 10.15.2). My Computer freezes and then crashes everytime. I have tried numerous routes of connecting such as turning the Keys on first then connecting, turning the keys off connecting and then booting the keys, etc, etc…

Is anyone else experiencing this? Please help!

2.0.31.1 is currently the latest Overbridge version. I’d update to that as a first step.

Tried the other USB port on the mbp? My old 2011 mbp would kernel-panic when using one of the USB ports but the other was fine.

@garf
Have a late 2013 MBP (2 usb ports).
I know for a fact the right usb port is sharing resources with other hardware (not sure if it is BT, HDMI of other).
Whereas the left one is not.
Furthermore, if I use my MicroFreak connected via usb and DC plugged in and on the right usb port, it crashes my MBP (kernel).
If plugged in on left usb port, all is fine.

Hey everyone thanks for your responses. I eventually just did an empty reset and got it working correctly. Not sure what was happening and I was really trying to avoid a reset since I had a set saved in there. I backed it up and all is well now.

1 Like