Akai MPD232

Hey MIDI lovers,

Anyone moved forward with the OT & MPD 232?
Any significant disadvantages over the the usage of MPD 32?

cheers
ron

My MPD232 is finally giving up on me. The lower pads are losing sensitivity and hits arenā€™t being recognized anymore. Not bad since I bought it for release in 2015 when it first came out. I have a maschine MK iii on the way.

2015-2019. Good run and it was my daily driver for finger drumming

Did anyone get around to try using this with an OT - especially interested in using the toggles below the faders as mutes

Would anyone be able to help?

Iā€™m trying to set up my Akai MPD232 over midi din rather than USB, however Iā€™m not receiving any signal from the midi interface. (I have the pads set to ā€œmidi to dinā€) Is this even possible or am I going to have to stick to USB?

Thanks

What sound module are you connecting to ?

I remember using an external ax adapter for power and MIDI to my machinedrum and itā€™s fine

Turns out theres two types of 3.5mm midi jack (type A & type B) and the one i was using was type Bā€¦ everydays a learning day.

https://minimidi.world/?fbclid=IwAR1ZzktoMrIzWfSE1CgcLixiYuAjo19VjfwYbcC6TWDlaZh-mbRURceiEDk

Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know that either. Good to know when troubleshooting and buying replacements

Hello there!

Iā€™m now in the same dilemmaā€¦ I am looking for pads controller and the MPD232 seems very tempting because it has faders and knobs (even though I personally prefer fixed knobs to the rotary knobs). Though the Arturia Beatstep or the Beatstep Pro seem also a great choice. The only minus of these latter ones is that they only have rotary faders (NO FIXED ONES!!) and no faders.
But then I wonderā€¦, which pads are better ones? Reliable and sensitive?

Anyone else has tried both the Akai232 and the Arturia Beatstep or Beatstep Pro?!
Thanks in advance!!