Akai MPC One [ Retired : Search for MPC Thread ]

You are right; forgot about those two differences. You can’t access the SD card when in controller mode, which is dumb, and there’s no Ableton Live control mode.

Otherwise the same! I do wish you could access the SD card via computer. Silly limitation.

Yes! it was one of the reasons I sent it back.
I confess that with the live, I’m not always able to access the SD card from the computer, I don’t know why. But since I have a SSD installed on the Live II, I almost never need to access the SD card from the computer.

the one’s build is great in my opinion, the live mk2 feels like it has a weightier presence, but I think that’s due to it’s size and weight…

agree about the headphone jack though, silly location.

as far as noise… not experiencing any of that on any of the mpcs

1 Like

And loose–so easy to pull the headphone plug out.

What’s wrong with the headphone jack location? Personally, I think the location is perfect but may be because of the way I have the One situated.

I love to jam/make sketches on the couch havin the device on my legs. Jack at the back would be way better for that!

1 Like

Ok, I can see that! Maybe if there was a battery option that I trusted I would do the same!

I have a powerbank with a powerful enough output and a myvolts cable. Works flawless even with a micromonsta2 connected to the usb host port

and why didn’t they put the volume on the top? I wonder actually if that’s something I could get moved to somewhere else?

This is another feature I like of the Live II!
I use that knob all the time.

1 Like

me too, and it’s a no brainer tiny thing that causes great annoyance on the one, you know if they just had the knob in a diff place and a battery they could of charged a bit more

The MPC One is the entry level, the price is a bargain, they had to save on everything.
The MPC Live II has more features and costs more.
They had to make choices.

I made these considerations when I bought the Live II: internal battery, internal SSD, internal speaker, bigger pads, more outputs, phono input, better connectivity (USB data access, wifi, etc). Add all those things to the One and you are not far from the price of the live II.
With the Live II you can stop worrying about hardware limitations and just start complaining about the software :grin: :grin: :grin:

Buy once, cry once, you know!

2 Likes

And when it comes to reasons to complain, we all know that’s where it’s really at with all these new-gen MPCs :grin::grin::grin:

Well at least they catered for my requirements as I definitely did not want a battery and I always have the volume knob at max, so for me it was set once and forget (I control volume on my audio interface). :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is the Live2 covered in that horrible rubber coating? Hard to tell from the pics but looks like it might be.

I think it seems that as much really good stuff is in these MPCs there are almost as many WTF things, I like the MPC One and I think it is very good for the money, but I’d gladly pay a bit more for better build, design choices and some of the software issues to be sorted out. I even thought about the X but the software issues and hardware is essentially the same, it will be interesting to see if the next gen ones improve on these things.

yes… at least that’s how I remember mine. Never thought it was that horrible though. True, it gets dirty pretty fast.

It breaks down after a few years, thats my beef with it, it is nice at the start, until one day it turns into glue.

you don’t have to tell me I have 4 mpcs, and one of them is a live2, but damn, still they could have put the volume knob on the top :grin:

that’s what I do as well, or another mixer but when used without those things I’m always reaching for the knob… tbh it might not be such a bad mod to look into

no it’s not, the live2 is definitely not the same coating as the live mk1, it’s smooth as butter and not rubbery… my live mk2 and mpc one coatings are identical … I’ve seen Acidhouse mention that before and I don’t know what was up with his but mine def not… maybe they switched it up real quick after release, I’ve only had mine since dec 2020

this thread sparked a good idea though, instead of modding I will look for a tiny passive volume control that I can connect to it and stick on top… if anybody comes across any that look good for the mpc one post it up

1 Like