Akai MPC Live Mk II

I’m surprised you tried both and neither of them worked for you, I’d love to spend some time with an X. Hopefully you can find a sampler that works for you. Some people love it, some people aren’t into it at all. They can do so much for you particularly if you’re already a talented musician which you no doubt are with all that experience. It’s like being able to multiply yourself, maybe give it a blast again some point further down the road. They aren’t going anywhere and they’re only gonna get cheaper. Good to hear you’re enjoying your new gear, that’s all that matters at the end of the day.

Has there been any followups or speculations about this thing, or is it still too early to tell?

It leaked on American Musical Supply with a preorder date this week (and ship May 15th I believe). Bottom area is a speaker, lots of marketing copy hyping the existence of the speaker.

1 Like

Unsubstantiated rumour I’ve seen:

X, Live v1, Live v2 , Force, One are all the same internal hardware and are all running the same core binary / Linux distro between platforms; differences are therefore just UI/UX and features / functionality.

If true, it might be possible that features from the Force could cross-pollinate to the X/Live. But not the One for example. Likewise the rumoured drum synth may only be on X/Live but not the Force/One etc.

From a business point of view, this makes a lot of sense and is what I / any smart company would do, DRY principle in effect.

Welcome to the future.

Agree with this; could/would do so much more if manufacturers fully added/developed and documented full Midi and SysEx support.

1 Like

It’s out there, I had a quick look before it got taken down

More videos about the leaked video:

Edit: the original leak has been reposted. Get it while you can:

4 Likes

Haven’t got to have a proper look yet, but wondering - is it the same gummy finish as the first Live or have they gone for the cleaner plastic finish of the One?

I was looking into one of these recently but think ima go for a blackbox instead. Just wanted a drum sampler to sequence from the ot that is quick and easy to use and can store a lot of sounds.

What were some peoples issues with the mk1’s

Dunno :woman_shrugging: Probably the same if I was to guess. But let’s wait and see for the official release

1 Like

looks really good though… comparing the workflow and possibilities to the OT / DT

1 Like

What’s new?

8 CV/Gate outs, stereo monitors built-in (+ on/off switch), a few buttons more, master volume moved to front panel.

1 Like

Too much trap , I had to switch off.

3 Likes

Speakers, more buttons, cv outs… no big deal. But that’s good, we’ll get second hand mk1s dirt cheap.

3 Likes

An odd update - speakers are not what I wanted when I have a Mk1. I would have preferred something that was slimmer/lighter. Presume still no disk streaming? Has RAM been increased?

Wonder what RRP they’ll set. Actually, wonder if they’ll stick to the RRP they set. When the Live came out it was £799 then a week or two before release it shot up to £949! Thankfully Red Dog Music (rest their soulds :frowning: ) honoured the preorder price.

2 Likes

I don’t think they’ll fall much on the second hand market. In fact I think they’ll be more in demand as MK 2 isn’t getting too much love yet. That is of course If the MK 1 still gets updates.

1 Like

Maybe…

Still, I don’t really get what they’re doing with their product range.

1 Like

was 999€ here when they came out. Now available second hand for 650/700€.

I’m pretty sure it was announced at c850 euros though then they increased the price pre launch. Definitely the case in the UK with a near 20% hike. Did they make an arse of the VAT side of things? Who knows, but it wasn’t a particularly clever launch on Akai’s part.

With what I paid for mine new, I don’t think I could bring myself to spend more than £600 on one second hand. Kind of the same reason why I don’t think I will ever be able to buy an OP-1 again after getting one for £350 a few years ago (and selling it for £400 :joy: )

1 Like

It was £799 on pre-order and GAK honoured that price to those that had pre-ordered. I got one at that price.

1 Like