Pads (64) velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, RGB-backlit

Knobs (14)
(8) 360° touch-sensitive Knobs
(1) 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
(5) 270° knobs for gain, mix & level adjustment

Buttons (56) dedicated function buttons; red-, amber-, or green-backlit

Display Full-color LED-backlit display with touch interface
6.9” / 176 mm (diagonal)
5.9” x 3.7” / 150 x 93 mm (width x height)

Connections
(2) XLR+1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2) (4) 1/4” (6.35 mm) TRS outputs (2 stereo pairs) (1) 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo headphone output
(1) 1/8" (3.5 mm) MIDI input

(1) 1/8" (3.5 mm) MIDI output
(1) 1/8" (3.5 mm) MIDI thru port (4) 1/8” (3.5 mm) CV/Gate outputs (1) Ethernet link port
(2) USB Type-A ports
(1) USB Type-B port
(1) SD card slot
(1) power adapter input

Power via power adapter: 19 V, 3.42 A, center-positive, included

Dimensions 13.8” x 15.3” x 2.85” (width x depth x height) 350 x 389 x 72.5 mm

Weight 8.53 lbs. 3.87 kg

Trademarks & Licenses

Akai Professional and MPC are trademarks of inMusic Brands, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

Ableton is a trademark of Ableton AG.

ASIO and VST are trademarks of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.

The Bluetooth word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Akai Professional is under license.

Kensington and the K & Lock logo are registered trademarks of ACCO Brands.

MPC software incorporates élastique Pro V3 by zplane.development.

Apple and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

SD and SDHC are registered trademarks of SD-3C, LLC.

Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.

All other product names, company names, trademarks, or trade names are those of their respective owners.

This product contains technologies that are used under license. For more information, please visit akaipro.com/product-legal.

1 Like

i think this is because ableton link

1 Like

It actually has features I’d like to see in Push 3 (audio IO for example). Will be keeping an eye on this one for sure. An export to Live feature like @muzka thought of would be very cool.

Guess we’ll need to wait and see what this could be!

From the FCC shots up against a ruler, it appears Akai is giving us something even larger than the Push 2.

I was hoping we’d see Live controllers with such full functionality go toward a smaller footprint.

1 Like

SERIOUSLY!

1 Like

And as far as “Standalone Ableton Push” goes, this would have to have a battery, when you think about the MPC Touch --> MPC Live standalone transition.

But there is no battery to be found.

1 Like

this could be something like a Synthstrom Deluge or Novation Circuit is asteroids

Ff this is something to control MPC Software it could be better than MPC Live because you have more dedicated controls.

This might be a step sequencer and clip launcher for mpc 2.4 software. Cool idea but all the desk space gone.

2 Likes

Looks fake to me. A hybrid mesh-up of a Push 1 and an MPC Live…if it’s not fake, Akai’s designers really need to be let go, lol…

4 Likes

Not fake if it is on the FCC government website.

Coincidentally, MPC Live was first leaked from FCC filing photos as well.

2 Likes

Yea. And I take back the assertion that this couldn’t be stand-alone.
From the user manual, the computer is listed as “optional”

Other details can be gleaned from the manual, and so it seems like an MPC Live with clip launching facilities (as @v00d00ppl suggested) , and no battery.

The only mention of “Ableton” in the manual is with regard to the physical “Link” port.

1 Like

I just love these few weeks before NAMM, rumors and leaks for days :slight_smile:

Looks very interesting to me, I wonder if pairing this with the MPC Live or X will bring anything new to the table.

A bit ugly though, but then again, AKAI never made good looking products.

1 Like

It would be lit if the buttons are velocity sensitive and running the mpc live software. Plus you can q link your timing settings.

Mpc software not only allows 960ppq like the 4000. You get real time swing audition like the 4000 without stopping the sequence. Then you can shift timing late or early at increments of 1. Lastly you can put a timing correction strength and toggle between 0-100%. Dropping from 100 to 98 makes a huge change in how the notes quantize against each other. Oh the lust has started

Button are velocity and pressure sensitive according to the manual.

2 Likes

Uh :open_mouth: oh

1 Like

And always ugliest when turned off. So not a good glamour shot at all. The button lights and screen really help on an interface where that is most of what you look at to interact with it.

The MPC Live FCC leaks were equally hideous, and that product turned out to be okay enough.

1 Like

Also I predict the next MPD controllers will get announced too. MPD2 series have been discontinued for a while.

Just noticed the output on the PSU is 19V/65W.
That would have to have been an expensive battery. Now it makes sense.

2 Likes

It has an antenna so probably wifi and BT like the MPC L:ive, also a slot for an hard drive underneath, so you can have your terabyte of samples, not just an SD card!

Looks like they couldn’t do this one with a battery which seem surprising as I would guess it is similar to the MPC live but running different software with a PUSH like controller pad…but then it also has the CV outs etc as the MPC X and it looks pretty big (maybe more of an ‘X’ than a LIVE, which may have another meaning in this case!)