AK keys h/w issues

Your welcome. Happ for u that it works again. Any secrets to reveal about the ak? I often use the hp with resonance to boost the sub. Made a lot of presets for chords and stuff but didnt messed wif it for a while and feel like i forgot how to get the cream out if the ak.

1 Like

I’m pretty new to Elektron tbh and new to AK.
To be honest i got this unit as a “defect” from a store ($249) and i bet i could fix it to sell it (just bought an A4 mk2 and Octatrack mk2).
Anyway, long story short i was about to sell it and i stumbleupon this video from MrDataline (love his work):

And decided to keep it. Basically it cost me “nothing” so i’m losing the profit i could make with a sell but i’ve got remorses haha…

PS: if you don’t know MrDataline i find him really inspiring:

2 Likes

:zonked:

1 Like

Haha i’m just a fool, casually posting this on the Elektronauts forums “hey look what i found”…

All of this makes a lot more of sens now, thanks you for the insight @plastic_pizza !

edit
btw: i wish i didn’t saw that news after all, now i’m trap in the void of links and video of “it’s the end of an era” but i’m just discovering Elektron products !

My favourite elektron mashine is definitly the mashinedrum. I love doing sounddesign wif it. I am not producing 4 on the floor stuff so use it often for percussive loops or breaks ins my tracks. Never heard of dataline tbh. I dont love the ak but the sequencer and just for that i couldnt sell it. Got a keystep pro like it but the ak as cv sequencer is much more powerfull. U can even seuqence glides and accents and send everything thrw midi or cv. I use the fx channel as a midi out channel.

1 Like

You didnt find any oil in there?

Oil ?
Not that i can recall.
The start of the key (inside the AK) were a bit greasy but i think i a good and healthy/normal way for a mechanical moving part.