AK/A4: Are Individual Tracks Outputted as Mono or Stereo in OB?

I get that you could record them either way in your DAW I suppose. But if you only record the four tracks are they sent as four stereo or four mono tracks via overbridge (AK/A4)?

Mono.

2 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

@AdamJay : yes but it’s shown with L/R everywhere… so it’s Dual MONO we have to pass through a Utility Plugin and put the width at 0% same on Bitwig Studio with Tool right ? Only Logic Pro X will get that MONO pass through a Bus set in MONO… only Master output from AR and A4 are Stereo.

in Live, there is no use for the utility plug, here.

Live automatically makes the channel mono or stereo based on the input setting.
If the input setting is for a single channel, it operates that Live “track” as mono.

I don’t use Bitwig, so I cannot comment on that.

Who is Shawn?

shown :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes but when recorded wave file is in dual mono via OB, isn’t it ?

Mono but you can use Live’s auto-pan at slow settings to add width.

No. Mono.

2 Likes

What am I doing wrong to have two signal then :stuck_out_tongue: shit

Stereo L/R fx returns (delay, mostly), for comparison:

Yes that on main outs is logical and wanted…

But on trk1 I have that :

screen shots are so helpful.

Here is your issue. You’re recording two streams, note the two vertical metering bars.

Are you tapping the recording streams from the plug-in?

Ah, I see.
Strange!

I set an audio track to get the audio signal from the Overbridge plugin and I get dual mono, as you say 2 meterings side by side… I don’t like what you said : STRANGE words ! hahaha

@AdamJay So on your computer you doesn’t have the same behavior :stuck_out_tongue:
What a great idea I have to make template though if I have something not usual as everyone :smile:

EDIT: Do you pass the AUDIO by setting the A4 as a soundcard ? maybe it can come from that… only the plugin ?

I find @AdamJay : it’s because you pass Audio through your device as a soundcard but hey you get much more latency when you doing that of course you get your MONO or STEREO because you can select it in the soundcard preference but latency is then highly noticeable :wink:

By not setting your Elektron Device and using the plugin to get your audio you have no latency (or very little one)

I tried both bit accuracy and core audio… bit accuracy is seem to be a bit more tight… but it’s better to not pass the audio by the soundcard… notice I change to buffer 64 and get the same recordings so latency noticeable.

Hi guys…OB noob here…

I am trying to figure out why the Pan control doesn’t work when streaming individual tracks through OB plugin…

from the manual the signal flow shows this:

In theory: the signal is tapped before the AMP section, so before the PAN…
But for me, only the Pan doesn’t work (so the LFO on it) instead the AMP and ENV work as expected (luckily at least)…

What am I missing?
Thank you in advance

Because the individual tracks are sent mono pre-pan - that figure looks very wrong in terms of the OB Output tap point (not to mention the input typo)

2 Likes

Indeed!!

I had to convince myself that the typo + “something wrong” in what I was hearing compared to what was showed was, well, an error!
Thanks

1 Like