AH update broke OB connection

also I have this message all the time

I have that too at first ā€¦ a lotā€¦ then i find my settings i guess it depends about each computer soā€¦
Do you try to connect HEAT on its port on your mac i mean not on a hub ?

I do not use HEAT at the same time as A4/AR ā€¦ i bounce audio session and then i process with HEATā€¦
I can preview what i can achieve thought in the same session with the Three Devices

Did you happen to reinstall the overbridge software after updating osx? I had to do it before things started workingā€¦

And sorry to hear youā€™re having trouble. We all hate IT BS when niggles and buggy issues persist.

I did

Hi Guys,

I managed to track down a copy of El Capitan over the weekend and updated. I then reinstalled OB and everything seems to be running pretty damn smoothly now.

A tip to anyone using Logicā€¦ I would suggest if you are planning on updating OSX in order to get AH/OB working, update to El Capitan rather than Sierra. Staying on top of Apple releases can be a death sentence to compatibility and anyone using Logic 9 should be very wary of updating.

Hope you all get your issues sorted. It does seem as though it is primarily a 10.9 and 10.10 issue and should be rectified with an updateā€¦All your old plugins and versions of Logic being supported is another matter!

2 Likes

No issue at all here on Logic and Sierra + OB

Glad to hear that William. Would you mind checking out the thread i just posted about using AH as a plugin in Logic? Iā€™ve never used OB before and iā€™m struggling a bit with recording.

I have also a problem

The message is :

EXCEPTION R0015
SSP : 4 VEC :04
FS: 0 SR: 2500
ADDR : 4005308A

Iā€™m running mac OS X 10.9.5

Itā€™s likely OSX related. You may need to update to 10.11ā€¦ unless elektron are still working on the issue, that may be your only option.

no I will never update my computer just for one machine !
my laptop is running OK with tis OS 10.9.5 .
I hope tha elektron will obsviously work on the AH OS in order to work on EVERY system !

Open a Ticket Support rather to speaking openly here, thatā€™s technicalā€¦ it needs a Reply from a proper Tech Engineer

They should help you as it mentioned system version is supported. You just need to define whatā€™s the problem source.

Apple macOS 10.8 or higher. Versions newer than macOS Sierra 10.12 are untested and may require updated Overbridge software.

Yes this is what I have also done on elektron website with a ticket support ā€¦

2 Likes

In general i couldnā€™t agree more, but as iā€™d migrated all my projects over to Logic X recently and donā€™t use all that many third party plugins i decided to go for it. My mac is running better than ever now.

Has this issue been resolved yet? @Ess? I just bought an analog heat and am considering returning it as I canā€™t get an overbridge connection or midi connection. Even though usb is connected. Was working then stopped. Running Windows 10. Might be returning tomorrow. Looks like the OS hasnā€™t been updated in a year.

yes, elektron is imho far behind os updates for all their devices.

It would be nice to know what their plans are instead of leaving this software hanging.

Even though it was controversial, it was nice when for example DSI announced that Tempest firmware was no longer being actively updated. It sets expectations.

Quote : the biggest update yet and will be available February 2018
https://www.elektronauts.com/news/387

2 Likes

Set the expectation never to buy that buggy piece of shit

1 Like

Too little to late for me though. Returned it. Af mkii as i can use it completely without bugs until then. Ah and digitakt are unusable until they are fixed.