AH update broke OB connection

I submitted a ticket with a vid showing the odd behavior while in OB USB mode with random glitch audio coming out of the analog outs with nothing being input. Im sure they will get on it soon. It works fine in USB midi mode as it did before the update… so back to how I was using before until we hear back from HQ.

2 Likes

Im wondering if those of us that are having problems, all pre-ordered. I got mine the day it was released. Anyone else with issue get it fresh off the launch? Just trying to figure out what the variables are. I have discovered that now if I have the USB plugged in at all when turning on the Heat, the launch screen starts to animate the Elektron Logo and then freezes and the outputs scream digital noise. If you hold down “active” button while turing the Heat on, you can get to a boot screen and reset, then reboot and it will come back up as long as no USB plugged in. This way we can at least use it as normal non OB mode until the fix.

not the best press for new owners.

True. As a new owner of Heat this worried me. But then I had a beer, upgraded all my units and its fine. Admittedly I gulped, this was a BIG upgrade.

To counter bad press, I took the OS plunge on all my units and it works perfectly. Your personal mileage may vary.

i got the same error when using my analog heat with firmware 1.02 via a usb connection to a computer running mac os 10.10. i upgraded the machine to 10.12 and now it works fine. heat + mac os 10.11 also works fine on another machine. seems to be a bug in the mac os driver on older mac operating systems…

2 Likes

Will do bossman

I also had issues with heat / USB and 10.10.5 Upgraded to 10.12 last night and everything works fine now, even OB with my AK and AR seems to work better…but that might just be confirmation bias.

Net here is that 10.10.5 didn’t work with Heat/OB and 10.12 does

Question to all the Windows guys…

Did any of you have issues updating on a Win platform?

Looking to update my Heat searching for a Sierra OS (tough in my town) or a Windows (easier task…)

thanks a lot for any insights!

So updating my OS X (10.10) will solve the issue?

It likely will yes. I’m just trying to track down a copy of El Capitan… Which is proving more difficult than i expected!

Not 100% sure your case will be fixed by the update, but seeming as OSX 10.9.5 broke USB driver functionality (to a degree) for many external USB devices, it just might. I had unsatisfactory performance with osx 10.9.5 but updating to the latest osx and reinstalling oberbridge helped in my case.

1 Like

i had similar problems, with OSX 10.10.5
now I updated my osx to the newest 10.12.2
now I don;t have problems

(only too big latency… but I hope I will find out soon…

What’s your apple specifications ? because i really haven’t got huge latency. Did you get audio by setting your Analog Device as an soundcard and getting audio from inputs or by getting audio from the plugin instead ?

thanks for the reply!

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011)
2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

even if I set the HEAT as the soundcard for my computer and watch television on it… then the audio comes almost half a second late.

Same in ableton. Tried to solve it yesterday, but after 30 minutes I went to bed without solving the issue…

i can play with Ableton, but after some minutes… noises appear. I slowly start to hate OB… almost never had successful sessions with it. then there is latency again… almost half a second… fck that

Try that @wouzer :

And that way of using the HEAT in Ableton just pay attention to levels.
In ableton select internal soundcard / system audio (don’t use AH or anything for now, try to only have the Heat on your USB ports nothing more)
24bits - 48000khZ
Buffer at 64 in Ableton and Overbridge (if audio noise drop pass it at 128)
Safety margin at 75 if audio problem passed it at 100

I set it up here download and try with the settings i give you before and as i said if audio problems get higher amount of value instead the one i give :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42219841/AHeat%20test%20Project.zip

You should have no latency AT ALL :wink:

For those who want to resonate at higher value :
Input : - 12 DB
Heat Process : -12dB

You should get in comfort zone to peak up the filter with high resonance value otherwise your audio will be recorded but truncate … so unusable then :wink:

@wouzer : Better ?

i will check soon… also doing other things now…

but thank you, soon I will reply

1 Like

thanks anyway… also with HEAT only (and another soundcard) there is these latency.
With no heat and A4 and AR, it all works fine… once I add the AH, the problems start again…

The sound is less beautiful in OB anyway
and I don’t like computers anyway.

So… I ban my computer out of the music room for another while. Maybe not necessary, but this thing ate most of my holiday now and I am simply fed up with it.