AH settings for live performance?

I’m wondering what settings some of you use for the Heat when playing live. These are usually my settings on the master out:

Character: Clean Boost
Drive: 63 [middle position]
Wet Level: 127
Dry/Wet: 127

EQ Low: 10 - 20
EQ High: 5 - 15

Filter: hi-pass [4th from right]
Frequency: 10 [8:30 o’clock position]
Resonance: 10-15

What works for you?

and how does it work for you ? I’m wondering it the AH is able to make my live setup master output sound bigger,

pluggin my OT (main audio mixer for my live set) into DJs consoles in venues always leads to having people asking if I could turn my output up, which I can’t because OT’s output is at maximum level…

seeing threads about volume loss thru the AH makes me wonder if AH is maybe not a solution for this task…

I believe that’s only through OB. But, I’ve never experienced that. With the Active mode switch as well as the Dry/Wet knob you can constantly A/B your signal. I’ve never heard it get weaker.

1 Like

and can it make it more loud?

Oui !

2 Likes

Yeah

Mind some of the overdrive is just from the phone impedance. Clean drive is pretty damn clean. Not sure how the AH’s loudness ever got into question.

1 Like

The only parameters used (i.e. no dirt or other env/lfo stuff). I call it the:

ENHAN_GOODIZER

Character : Enhancement
Drive : 54
Wet Level : 127
Dry/Wet : 63

EQ Low : 35
EQ Low : 24

Filter : n/a
Frequency : n/a
Resonance : n/a

2 Likes

Are you going into the Mixer panel of the OT and turning up the volume there? I usually turn this up to +60 (out of maximum +63) for every track otherwise I feel the default output of the OT is not enough.

1 Like

+63 on OT Main Level adds +12db. It can clip. I leave it at 0 because MAIN recordings are increased too.

I’d rather set tracks Levels higher.
127 instead of 108 (default) = +3db
You can also increase VOL, GAIN Attributes, normalize samples.

@MonstreJumo did you try headphones out?
Are you sure your mix is loud enough? You can check with the waveform, recording Main.

1 Like

Hi,

+63 on the master vol for me, as I gotta keep the tracks levels to 108 if I want buffer recs to be played at same volume as live recorded,
I keep a good headroom in gain staging, so tracks amp vol is either 0 or below… (even down to -24/-32 for some normalized samples)

that’s why I need post amplification !

I check my mix on headphones, it doesn’t seem that quiet but when recording my live jams I need ozone 8 to boost and compress the whole

No need to keep 108. You can use 127 for Flex / Pickups, DIR, THRU (PLAYBACK VOL=+63), and have same volume as your monitoring.

If you use a Master track, it has to be set to 127.

3 Likes

DJ mixers have a gain control on the inputs, and a master output gain. Can t you make up for it with those?

1 Like

thanks, last times the DJs asked me to level up since they couldn’t do it more on the dj console side…

about the 108/127 volume stuff, I’ll have a try, I stood with 108 since years, since I believe(d) it was necessary

Never trust a DJ to manage your audio signals :smile:

Anyway, could indeed be that the PA was set for ridiculously turned up DJ levels, expecting the DJ mixer to be slamming the reds.

3 Likes

ah ah true dat :slight_smile:

I guess it’s just my internal gain staging that « lacks » volume, but at least I have nice balanced mix and headroom for a clean music I hope :wink:

I’ll maybe just get a little amplification at the output with a compressor like RNC or else, AH maybe really misused just for that task, being it no compressor furthermore!
thanks to all answers !