Against the Clock Discussion

Its so interesting to See that almost everyone that uses an Eurorack seems to have at least one or more modules from Mutable Instruments. These seem to be everywhere. And its even more interesting to see what and how ppl are using them.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed that one. Was interesting to hear how the various acoustic and electronic elements all came together.

2 Likes

Especially Rings, Clouds and/or Braids. For a reason :wink:

1 Like

I am a Fan of Brandt Brauer Frick, they made always out of almost microtonal little paint brushes a beautiful picture at the end.

4 Likes

And Plaits!

I like this one and they’re all talented folks but it’s also a little unfair to judge what a group of people can do vs 1 person in this sort of situation.

(not saying that anyone was judging but…you know)

2 Likes

this is an older one that I revisited recently. fun watch, even though he appears to have done a little sample prep work with the OT before the shoot.

3 Likes

I thought the Same, but…there is only one recording DAW and one person doing the editing. In that Matter its Just a bit unfair. :laughing:

If 4 people are involved it should be 2,5 minutes to be fair. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I dunno - I think there’s probably a pretty good performance piece about how creativity can be a real struggle in that for sure.

8 Likes

Nice guy and cool result in 10 minutes :slight_smile:

I really like that one, especially given some of the ropey stuff that’s been coming out on ATC lately (obviously my opinion, no need for a week long debate :grin:).

1 Like

Yeah, not bad at all. He set out for a Summer Vibe song and I think he did great within the 10 minutes.

I’m just impressed he was able to get something useful out of the MC-303. that machine is hot garbage.

3 Likes

Was it the Handclap from the MC303? I think that was the only thing.

Ages ago I borrowed a friends and really did not get on with it.

re the ATC: i like the track and he seems like a good dude but its another one where they perfectly sequence all the patterns and find all the parts/sounds they want first go, particularly impressive with an MC303 as well :thinking:

thems fighting words

1 Like

He recorded some hats through a DP4 that he tweaked to get another loop. I thought that it was a fun enough track but my old curmudgeonly self found his thing for the mid 90s a bit weird. What with the rave curtains, ironic tache, mc303, DP4, emu orbit etc…

Curiously, I thought a few of the hat loops he came up with that he discarded sounded along the way were really good. Same with when he was trimming the samples I thought he stumbled across some weird off-kilter stuff that he didn’t bother with.

Still, seems a nice guy though.

for all of you into sweet sounding FM synths. enjoy the sour side.

so refreshing to watch somebody know what their gear does… without Ableton session view too!

`

9 Likes