AFX disciples

RX101 is ace. Well worth a listen.

1 Like

DMX Crew has some really nice stuff indeed.
Some of what I heard was too 80s to me :slight_smile: but there were lot of great tunes

2 Likes

2 Likes

He’s a contemporary IMHO. Mike has done his own good work and is a huge supporter of the scene. He’s supported the chaps doing breaks, hardcore and even old school Detroit techno. He’s a head in the braindance scene.

2 Likes

Jodey Kendrick too.

5 Likes

Rolando Simmons

3 Likes

There’s indeed a lot of artist (including myself as I will demonstrate later hahaha) that are paying big tribute to AFX in all their works.
It’s clearly one of the biggest influence on my music, just for the fact it is Come To Daddy that opened me on electronic music when I was almost only a metal head.

I went to the point, after collecting some analog and modular gears, where I came to understand to joy of making records such as the Analord serie, and I started a side project dedicated to this.
An EP like this one does have a big Analord after taste I think, but I don’t care as i’m basicly just having fun here:

Even the label I co-run is very influenced by the Rephlex philosophy of not caring too much about the styles as long as we like the music. Here are a few exemple of very AFX influenced music we released for exemple:

Anyway, people who like to Analord, keep Analording, i’m sure it’s good for health :wink:

3 Likes

yes, I really like your youtube jams, you get this vibe down very nicely. But still sounding unique

1 Like

Surprised no one has mentioned Kettel - My Dogan. Lovely, Richard D James album-inspired melodic acid stuff:

6 Likes

I don’t have a dedicated IDM project but I do sometimes dable in the style and throw those little jams up on my youtube page, here’s a couple of favorites of mine. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Actually…i always though this did an excellent job, not sure what @Ess would think but its meant as a compliment.

Also this…

4 Likes

While thats also true, he was one of the most influential electronic artists of the 90s. You can hear his influence in everything from linkin park to kanye West to hyperdub and more underground styles like future garage or w/e you wanna call what Logos & co are doing.

3 Likes

25 years later and people are still “discovering” triplets in their sequencers probably thanks to RDJ.

Perhaps a bit more subtle, but I think some James Shinra stuff qualifies e.g.

4 Likes
4 Likes

:wink:

7 Likes

Awwww, that was nice. :slightly_smiling_face: I always forget about this track because it was for a compilation. Aphex Twin has always been a huge influence to me and the reason I started making music in the first place.

6 Likes

It’s a great track :pray:

2 Likes
2 Likes