After one year playing exclusively on Elektron devices, I think I finally get them : - )

Yeeeeah! That´s the hardest part for me, setting and preparing things for further tweaking.

1 Like

:star_struck: at 08:22

1 Like

Thanks @9uile, thats the power of octatrack :slight_smile:

I am preparing the new track, so when I finish it, I will make a better tutorial, with setup and preparations.
tell me what do you think?
thnx.

7 Likes

Just brilliant … you heard it all already above. I love to hear more from you, and learn more from you.

2 Likes

Wow @Olaf_Wolkenhauer thank you for your kind words.

the funny thing is that most of what I know I’ve learned from your tips book :slight_smile:
especially the transition trick

so, thank You, and now that I think of it, I will read the tips one more time.

*for all of you who didn’t read it yet, here is the link:

Elektron Music Production Tips

2 Likes

Love the percussion.

haha. I like your sounds, its not just the setup and performance tricks but learning how you bring the music/sounds together that I like to learn from. I watched the other videos of you that are a pleasure to watch. The type of music I spent money on.

1 Like

Thank you again @Olaf_Wolkenhauer,
reading your words I came to realization, that I really don’t know how to bring music and sounds together, haha
it is just a process of constant tweaking, and we all know that Elektron machines are perfect for knob twisting :smiley:

this is the main reason why I like to have everything open, because I can always change the sound,
and arent we all here constantly changing, so why commit to finish music, when we can have ever evolving new sounds every time, right :wink:

and I am really happy that in the end, somebody like my contribution.

1 Like

Dear lord some help me lol I have all 3 devices and i cant find a single forum that will help me get all 3 devices talking to each (Octa being the brain). I dont use ableton or any other computer software besides OB. I know there are some videos but their setup includes other devices. I just want to use these 3.

What is it exactly that you want to do?

More detail will yield better advice.

I would start with a MidiHub if you don’t have one already. This way you can send midi data from the OT on multiple channels to separate devices. From there you will need to set up your devices to receive the data from the OT. As @Fin25 mentioned more details on your goals will help.

1 Like

I want these machines to do exactly what this guy is doing. Thanks for help btw!

Is ‘this guy’ still going? I havent seen him around for ages.

1 Like

sorry! this guy = RandomNoise

I’d suggest reading up on the MIDI implementation in the OT manual or any general video explaining MIDI setup to start. If you get the basics down it should click for you here, but a quick solution isn’t likely unless all you plan on doing is sending clock (BPM). Setting up multiple units to create music takes a lot of planning to varying degrees depending on each devices features. You should know exactly how you want them to communicate with each other first. If not, start with 2 items to communicate and work your way up.

1 Like

gooooooooooooot it! I think I’ve been looking at this wrong then! idk why I thought syncing the devices was something simple which made it more frustrating when I couldn’t find the answer.

1 Like

Welcome to MIDI hell :laughing:

god dammmiitt lol

1 Like

Thats who i meant. I used to talk to him but his uploads stopped 2 years ago