Icon Platform m+

Looking for controller to control cc, mainly kontakt. Then off course mix as well. Advice?

M+ (8 Channel DAW controller) €291

X+ (8 Channel expander for M+) €272

D2 (Scribble strip for the above) €145

I have been checking my options for quite some time now for a nice DAW controller. Checked Xtouch, Faderport and so on. Which are nice, but I dont need many of their functions. I want to mainly balance channels, maybe pan.
I also checked things like the Behringer X32 as a hybrid option as it can also work in Mackie control mode.

Today I stumbled across the ICON series, which seem a bit more fitting to my needs. I could start with a M+ and expand if needed. The scribble I would also purchase later on (unless I feel it works good without).

What I like about them is that they are rather small, have motorized faders (total recal is a must for me) and just the fuctions I need.

Does anybody have any experiance with these? They can be had rather cheap, so I am really thinking of going this route.

B+ Multi function thingy €145

Hi, I`m currently testing the Platform M+ with ableton live to control the levels during recording. this thing is a fine, sturdy and stripped down fader controller with motorized faders (amust for me). The faders feel nice, the pan knob not really, but OK. The buttons are quite responsive (mutes etc) and very good for live action (muting, demuting several channels together). it has a small footprint which is a one of kind (with motorfaders). Overall, i could recommend this.

All the things you listet are what I am looking for in a controller. So it sounds perfect. And expandable!

Do you have the scribble screen?

You mean the display? No, I don’t need it. What I miss In ableton is the red box highlighting the current mapped 8ch. as it was with the push controller. This was quite comfortable to have orientation witb bigger channel count. But that’s an ableton thing I guess.

Ok. Thanks. Im on studio one, so I’ll leave a notice here how it’s working there.

Just found the scribble used for 65. If it’s available I’ll snag it already.

I ended up getting the faderport 8…awkward shape and some silly colors, but good quality. For looks i like the avid one, but thats somewhat a different game. Theres this «modular» one now as well, forget the name - its in Christian Hensons videoes, looks great for programming, not sure about mixing…

I think the modular controller Christian uses is Palette Gear, which now seems to have been rebranded as Monogram.

I have the icon m+ running. It works perfectly in studio one. Only thing i haven’t got working is the mixer button. I haven’t spent too much time in the mapping software, so I’ll have to see if I can solve that there (or just remap to something else).

Faders are quieter than I thought. I can easily recommend this to anyone who wants a reduced channel fader thingy. I will be getting 8 more channels.