Adding sounds from Kits into project

I’m working on a track and wouldn’t mind going into another factory kit, is that actually possible to do once in a project?

I know if I press synth twice I can change the machines and tweak but is there not a way to go and use some of the factory stuff?

You can copypaste kits between projects, but the samples will not get copypasted. Those you will need to copy to the right sample slots manually.

Another way is to save stuff into the soundpool as sounds. Using sounds will also carry over the sample to the new destination, and will populate the next free sample slot in the destination project automatically.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the noob Q… I don’t exactly want a full blown kit carried over when I already have sounds on half of the pads that I’m already using. What would be the best away around this do you think? Sound pool? If so how exactly would I go about it?

check page 26 in the manual. You save track voices you want to reuse into your sound pool, and then load sounds into the target voices. Function + sound will open the menu, sound browser lets you load the sounds and sound manager allows you to “save track sound”

In addition to this, you can program sound locks (changing a sound at any and every step) by holding down a trig and turning the level knob. Powerful stuff, but can get confusing to use if you also use alot of plocks alongside the soundlocks as the menus do not reflect the locked sounds, only the original sound of the track.

2 Likes

Sounds to me like you want to copy Instrument X from Kit Y Whilst working on Kit Z

Save Kit Z
Load Kit Y
Select Track X whose sound you want to copy
Track + Copy
Load Kit Z again
Select destination (must be a compatible machine) track
Track + Paste

Your talk of projects was ambiguous
If you want to copy from another project then save the sound to the +Drive
Then import and delete if necessary, when you reload the project you’re working in

1 Like

Thanks guys, got plenty to learn!

Looking forward to the challenge!

So what was the query ? fwiw, the solution alluded to above, if it pertains to inter-project copying is not useful - Sound Pools are per project, the +Drive sounds are for all projects

I’m still a little confused on this whole situation lol. What I wanted to do is like you said above - copy Instrument X from Kit Y Whilst working on Kit Z. However, I have just saved the kit, then when i go to load another kit to copy from there is no other kits apart from my saved kit. Where are the factory kit, I thought they would be located there?

Factory kits can only be found from the first project on the rytm. You need to catch them from there.

Sorry to keep bringing this thread up, I’m still learning the basics of the rytm here. Say I have selected factory preset kit 021 ‘Pony’ then saved the project and that kit under a new name, why is it when I try to make the next pattern A02 that it just changes back to factory preset kit 02 Grubb? Is there something I’m missing?

Hmm, not exactly sure what you mean?

fwiw kits are assigned in every pattern, so if you want to assign a specific kit into a specific pattern, load the kit and then save the pattern.

It’s confusing me also!

What I want to do, is use one of the factory kits then I’ll make some edits on the BT/LT pads and so on.

I understood what Avantronica said about saving/loading then copy/paste a sound to from other kits to a different kit that’s all fine now but what I’m asking now is slightly different.

Let just say that I want to just use a brand new factory preset kit straight off. I load a new project, then go to load a new kit directly from the presets, lets say for example preset kit: 01 Stubb, once that kit is loaded in is seems fine and will play once and end for four bars.

I then want to build the track so I need to start a second pattern A02. I press the bank group button then A02 trig and it changes the kit to something else, in this case preset kit 02: Gubb.

There must be a simple solution to using one of the factory kits?

1. Save your current project
  2. Save all your patterns and Kits and Sounds to avoid losing your work (just saying)
  3. Load “Preset Project” where you can find all the Preset Kits
  4. Press Function + Kit to show all Factory Kits
  5. Highlight (with Arrow or Encoder) the Kit you want to have on your other Project
  6. Press Function + Rec (=copy)
  7. Exit
  8. Load the project where you have been working before
  9. Press Function + Kit (like you would load a the Kit)
  10. Choose a free (not used) Kit Slot
  11. Press Function + Stop (=paste)
  12. Exit
  13. Choose a Pattern which you want to link the Preset Kit with
  14. Press Function + Kit and load the Preset Pattern

If you want to extract a certain Sound of the just loaded Kit:

1. Track + Pad where the Sound lives
  2. Function + Sound to save the Sound in the Sound Pool or on the +Drive.
  3. Go to the Pattern with the Kit where you want to have the new Sound and load it from the Soundpool or the +Drive
  4. Always Remember, you cant load a Bassdrum Synth Sound to HiHat Machine for example. Etc etc.
5 Likes

Legend, will give it a blast now.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

1. Save 01 Stubb. Save Pattern A01
  2. Load A02
  3. Load Kit 01 Stubb (Function + Kit)
  4. If you want to make changes in this Kit in Pattern A02, which you dont want to have on A01 then you HAVE TO save 01 Stubb under a different Name first !!! Otherwise every change on the kit will have impact on your patter A01 with Kit 01 Stubb. You could call it 02 Stubb II and save it to free slot. Do that before you make any change on the Kit, it will make your life much easier.

Thanks for your help Speedball so far, I’m slowly getting it… there is one last thing tho :wink:

The preset project is all setup in a pattern order arrangement, if I press function + song to go into the arranger page how do I delete some of the patterns that have already been pre-programmed, like say for instance, B01, B02 etc.

Yes, save it with a new name. Function + Kit, select a free slot, give it a new name. Thats it.

1 Like