Acid Pro compatability (Win)

I have the Analog Heat MKII and I’ve been trying to use it in my DAW (Acid Pro 9, just upgraded to 10, same issue on both). I use Win10, an i7 processor and 32gb ram (it’s a decent PC).
The good news is Acid Pro absolutely recognizes Overbridge instruments (just be sure to find the correct .dll’s in the Steinberg folder and copy them or reroute as/where applicable).
The bad news is I’m having an issue getting the Heat to pick up incoming audio from my DAW/PC when set to overbridge mode.
It works fine when I use the usb modes or as a standalone effects box but for the life of me I cannot figure out why it won’t pick up audio coming from the DAW. The BPM is even synced.
I’m using an audio interface as well and I’ve even tried plugging the outputs into the AH inputs and still nothing.
Another issue I haven’t seen a solution for yet (not a lot of acid users, that’s why I’m making this thread): if I try to go into preferences and select analog heat as the audio device (thinking that could help) it crashes Acid Pro, every, single, time. AH is in overbridge mode and all that, the program simply crashes after you hit “ok” to confirm your settings.
This is brutal because Acid Pro is the main program I use for audio production the last 10 years. I really don’t want to have to learn a different DAW.
So the point of this thread is to try and have other people chime in if they use Acid Pro as well so we can all have a common place to find answers to (hopefully) common and (hopefully) simple issues!