Done another track to see just how much tape saturation you can get out of the Heat as a master effect.
Turns out quite a lot…
So I figured I could turn quite a subtle Saturation effect into something even legowelt would shy away from.
Achieved by simply turning all my instruments down low whilst keeping the drive and wet level of the heat at about 80 and the heat’s volume on full. Wet dry mix about 40.
I then set the input gain on my zoom recorder to the highest and set about performing a pretty simple acid track using my TB03, TR8 and my Digitone. I also used a lot of delay and reverb on the hats and TB03 on a send channel.
The bass is a bit muddy but it’ll do, I’ve EQ’ed as much of it out as I could get away with.
I added a tiny bit of negative envelope to the drive, triggered by the kick and a gentle LFO on the high frequencies and filter cutoff for movement.