Abstrakt Avalon - Contact support?

Has anyone of you Avalon Bassline users had contact with the support or the company itself?

I had open 3 supporttickets via their website and contacted them on facebook - absolutely no communication…
The first ticket was 3 month ago.

Please tell me your experience and a (possible) way to contact them.
That i`m quite disappointed should be fairly clear :imp:

1 Like

most people seem to phone him up , theres a thread on gearslutz .
theres also a facebook group .

anything i can help with ? (how to use it ?)…

Yeah they don’t really reply to anything. Before I bought mine, I emailed and messaged their Facebook page. No reply. No idea why. Bought it anyways. No complaints so far.

What’s wrong with your bassline?

Why do they have a support section with communication interface on their website then…?!
Thats not professional for such a product. Def. bad practice.
living in Germany - phone is quite unconvenient.

i have basically 2 issues:

• a crackling resonance knob (like many others do) - no warranty so need spare part and circuit plan
  • after powering off the unit, the last worked on pattern disappears when turning on again.
    it seems it depends on, if the unit was running in external sync 24 mode. Runing with internal clock, pattern is remembered

so, if you have ideas i would be thankfull?

best
mo

I have the same problem. I get a cracking sound when I use the resonance. After you move the knob back and forth a bit it goes away. But comes back after a bit.

Sent Avalon a email a week ago or so. Haven’t heard back.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

seems like the same reso-poti problem.
after hearing nothing from Abstrakt, i contacted Schneidersladen in Germany (where i life) and they ordered a reso poti from them. as soon it arrives i can send my unit to them for replacement/repair. approx. 40€ plus shipment they told me.
they are professional and have absolutely great customer support.

customer support at abstrakt on the other side can f*!?% off.

2 Likes

Well that’s upsetting. It’s a amazing synth. Upsetting they don’t have better custermer support.

Another reason I’m so loyal to Elektron. Great custermer service

I talked to Shaun at Analog Haven. Very helpful. He knows the maker of the Avalon. Says the guy it horrible with emails. Best is to call him. Left a voice mail yesterday figures crossed

Damn, that sucks for such an expensive machine.

I would be suprised if the guys are handling their customer support via phone…

i sent multiple emails to them regarding an order i placed with an r:ota filter i bought and never shipped. finally i called, left a message and they called back the next day. the lady on the phone was very helpful and took care of it immediately. she even offered me another filter free of charge for the inconvenience. unfortunately i owned all of them and in hindsight should have asked for a beta wasp filter. regardless, it got taken care of swiftly through phone.

1 Like

fyi, the r:ota filter was definitely worth the wait. by far my favorite of all of them. highly recommend if you plan to purchase or own an avalon.

I placed an order several month ago with perfect circuit and got this email today:

‘The Vendor has been far unresponsive and has finally let us know they’re basically out of business. I have cancelled this order for you - and issued a full refund.’

What do you guys think - should I get a used one?

Maybe try re303 , tb03 , tt303

I had an Avalon , there good but for the money id personally go with something more flexible like moog , nord , access. Unless it’s all about accurate 303

If you buy 2nd hand check filters work and research midi implementation and known bugs , most info should be on gearslutz

Saw your post on Muffs as well.

Did you try calling Abstrakt. As that appears to be the best way to contact them? (I disagree with having to call internationally to get support / presales / sales. And with the caveat that I am just repeating what I’ve read on the GearSlutz thread)

I thought Abstrakt were busy with the OBX Voice Expansions / filter clones?

Edit: Updates on the OBX thing seem fairly often / recent. Last one on the 1st of January.

The phone number on the website does not work anymore.

Abstrakt have replied to the thread on Muffs saying they’re not out of business, but have had major delays with production, probably would be a good idea to update the thread title…

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: That’s so ridiculous.