Absolute beginner to CV

After viewing some youtube videos with the Analog Four in combination with the Roland TM-2 I order it for playing drums over CV. Today then finally arrived the CV Kit from Elektron and I’d love to get started but I seem to be unable to make this CV thing work.

Can you please advice on how to set up the Analog Four / Roland TM-2 / CV Kit combination?

Did you see this one ? just in case …

Hi Shoki, yes this video actually inspired me to buy the TM-2.
I’m getting stuck at a very basic level. I don’t know how to set the cables so that the TM-2 goes into the A4, and/or how to set up the CV configuration (if needed?) - in order to hear the TM-2.

Edit: Unfortunately this video starts with the fine tuning already, I would need the 30 seconds before that, when connecting the cables and setting up the CV

I understand you have to plug the CV kit to your A/B CV output on your Analog Four. Then from the CV kit, 3.5mm black (CV A) to trigger 1 on your module, and 3.5mm red (CV B) to trigger 2 input.

For the settings, i think he is describing it at 10 min 11 sec in the video above. Had a similar setup some years ago, don’t remember very well…

2 Likes

Cool thanks, will try this straight after getting back home from work :slight_smile:

It’s all working now! :tada:

3 Likes