About to send over some of those MnM waveforms, got some questions

1. Let’s say I have some kits/patterns that use the Dpro stuff, won’t this change those patches? Because it will replace those old sounds with these new waveforms, right? How do I work around this? I was reading about snapshots and the like but didn’t really get it.
  2. Which Dpro waves is this affecting? It’s NOT affecting Dpro Wav because that’s only got 32 waveforms and not 64, right? So is it just affecting DDraw and Dens?
  3. I’ve already imported the 64 waveforms into C6 and converted them to Digipro format, so I should be good to send them over once my MnM says waiting, right?

Snapshots are basically projects, they save the state of the machine. Each snapshot is assigned a digipro bank. If you have a mkii+drive you can have multiple banks for your custom waveforms but only one bank is active per snapshot. Send your wavforms to an empty bank. Only two of the digipro machines utilize the custom waveforms dpro-ddrw and dpro-dens.

I’ve never switched a bank on an active project but I assume that switching would just replace waveforms with the new ones in their applicable spot.

3 Likes

Thanks! Okay then my question becomes how do I choose which bank is active per snapshot? It seems when I went in to receive digi stuff I didn’t have an option as to where to put it… It just listed the 64 waveforms.

In the global settings under file there is an option call digibanks. You can manage digibank stuff there, including switching, renaming, saving, locking etc.

Additionally when you create a new snapshot it ask you which digibank you’d like to choose for that snapshot. I would start a new snapshot choose and empty digibank and send the new wavforms to the empty snapshot and bank.

3 Likes

But if I choose a new snapshot that will reset all my kits and patterns, won’t it? Ideally I’d like to keep everything the way it is, but with the option of switching between the factory dpro banks and any I download from the internet. I also don’t want to lose the factory bank in case I want to go back…

Ah I think I got it. I switched to bank 002 in the digi pro file thing, then transferred the immortal waves to that. Then if I want to go back to factory waves I can switch to bank 1!

2 Likes

Yes :smile:

I had meant to say save your current state as a snapshot then load a clean snapshot so you would not lose anything in the transfer. But I’m glad you got it worked out.

Try to replace the word snapshot with the word project in your head when thinking about monomachine management. It may make things easier

2 Likes

You may want to rename the bank to something more significant than 002, and lock it if you decide to keep it so you don’t accidently overwrite it.

2 Likes

Digibanks are to snapshots as kits are to patterns. If you see what I mean.

1 Like

Anybody have the original MnM waves? I dont have the +Drive, but had to try out the Immortal Waves pack. I did do a full sysex send from the MnM to C6 before transferring the waves, silly me thinking that this also covered the Digipro waves. So now Id like to reinstall the original waves to restore the sound of my patterns…