About to be a new Digitakt/Digitone owner

Anything I should know starting out with these little guys. I have been faithful to Roland and Korg forever, but I’m really excited to get on with Elektron.

Read both manuals cover to cover once while you wait for them, experiment for a week or two once they arrive; referencing the manual as needed; then read them cover to cover again. On the first read don’t worry if stuff goes over your head, just make sure you understand the stuff immediately relevant to your work flow (i.e sequencing, loading samples / sampling, and live-record).

1 Like

If you’re familiar with the Volca sequencers - especially the Volca Sample - you’re gonna have a good time with the Digitakt! But still, read the manual.

they’re pretty intuitive for the most part. I’d still say pick one and get to grips with that first. you can squeeze a lot out of a single unit when pushed.
then add the other unit when you reach the point where youre comfortable / need a different flavour or extra tracks.

1 Like

Watch Cuckoo’s mega tutorials, including other videos. None of it made sense till I watched BoBeats, then Cuckoo’s, then read the manuals (both), then went back and watched other videos again. Lol on top of all that I’m still learning things.

3 Likes

I can emphasize cuckoo one as well. After watching that, it feels like you already used that machine.

You guys are all awesome! Thank you. Does the Digitakt have the ability to play stereo samples or only Mono. I am not stressed either way. Just curious.

Mono only.

1 Like

Are the two outputs individually addressable in the hardware (ie route kick to L and rest of drum group to R)?

Only if you hard pan them left or right.

2 Likes