Ableton pattern trigger delay

Hi all

I’m sure there is an answer to this somewhere but all I could find was not specific to this issue and I kept reading through loads and loads of similar issues I’m not having.

Hopefully it’s a super quick answer then.

Basically my preferred workflow with rytm and ableton is create my sequences on rytm, and then construct the song in ableton. So using ableton to trigger patterns in the arrangement view.

However, the only way I can get it to behave properly is to engage direct jump, set up midi notes triggering the patterns, and then place those clips where I want the patterns to be in arrangement view. Seems to be the most sensible way? Correct if I’m wrong.

Issue is - the pattern isn’t triggered until a few beats after each bar begins. Eg. Trigger pattern 2, and pattern 1 plays it’s first beat before pattern 2 takes over. Workaround is to slide the clip that triggers the pattern a few beats earlier on the arrangement. Pretty annoying and messy.

I’ve got the midi clips triggering the patterns set to quantisation off and trigger. Rytm to direct jump.

Anyone got a method of making this work smoothly?

Thanks!

You are not alone:

1 Like