Ableton not recognizing Model:Samples

For some reason my ableton live lite 10.1 is not recognizing my model samples as an output device the midi is being picked up but not the audio output. I’m a complete noob with this type of stuff and I’m trying to get audio into ableton to record my model samples. I even changed the settings in the device menu to A+M and nothing. I’m using only the usb no other midi cables or anything. Any help?

Ableton Live Lite does not support the “External instrument” module, which you would use on your track. I’m afraid you’ll have to upgrade… :frowning:

1 Like

Thankfully I found a way!!! I just had to enable the device in my audio settings! One thing is tho idk if it’s recording in stereo

1 Like

Alright then I probably misunderstood your post, my bad. By default everything is in stereo. If you want some mono tracks, you’ll have to use the “Utility” Audio effect (first before all your other plugins/instruments/effects on the track) and turn the width down to zero. There are probably other ways to do it, but it’s the one I use so far. Also, you can use this free plugin to monitor your tracks: https://www.kvraudio.com/product/inspector_by_rndigital_labs

1 Like

It’s all good bro. Oh thanks I’ll defintely check it out!

1 Like