Ableton Move: Schwung (Custom synths and FX)

Yes, it should! I haven’t tested with real messages but it all passes through.

3 Likes

Dope!!

Okay, I’m back! :slight_smile:

Thanks @charlesv, for doing the work to add the full set of parameters :pray:

you are so cool, charles

did some work with @charlesv this AM and for you MPE heads, this is in the works. Only works with schwung synths, not with the builtin stuff. this example is with surge XT. (linnstrument is not blinking like that IRL! thats the video frame rate)

5 Likes

Coming soon, not release yet but looks so cool!

1 Like

cool work!
Is the move usb enough to power the linnstrumment 128 too?
gotta look up some e-piano patches now >.<

Move supplies 500mA over USB-A and the 128 looks like it needs about 275. Should work!

1 Like

It definitely works to power the linnstrument… Can’t say for how long though! Surge XT is also a bit of a beast. I will be experimenting with the other synths at the weekend.

Even without schwung the linnstrument is still able to control the selected track on move, but it’s pretty useless without the MPE parameters to be honest

We powered a Polyend Play+ via the USB Port and even Synced midi with it without a problem.
The battery drain is pretty strong but we get a portable 2 hours jam with it

1 Like

@charlesv I have found an issue with Schwung. Only module installed is Osirus. When I turn on the Move and open a new set, even without any Schwung module loaded, the volume is really loud, like there’s some added gain. If I remove the audio out cable and plug back in the volume returns to normal levels. I have uninstalled Schwung and the problem goes away.

Sounds like you solved it on your end but i’ll take a look - Schwung does its own mixing if you’re using the Schwung → Move link audio bridge, you could try disabling that in Schwung settings. You can also check the individual slot gain in the slot settings. For more help, please join the discord.

Oh okay. What’s this thread for then? Just announcements?

Individual slot gain is at 100%. Reducing it to zero does nothing, as I’m not even using any Schwung modules.

Move > Schwung is OFF
Schwung > Link is OFF

This is using a clean install of Schwung, with no modules loaded.

The audio increases by 6db.

On Discord you can have much faster one to one communication, sometimes some issue which is particular only to single user would completely clutter this thread with 30 back and forth messages.

4 Likes

Ok, but what’s this thread for then? Just a big advert for Schwung? I don’t want to use discord.

I’m happy to help but don’t think cluttering the thread with user specific support makes sense, when it might require lots of back and forth and sharing logs etc.

Thanks for the report, I’ll look at it when I have time and motivation.

5 Likes

There’s a reason I prefer community forums and not discord, and I think @Pirgo just demonstrated it perfectly.

There is direct messaging on the forum, I don’t want to use another messaging system.

Hi there! Does Schwung Feature midi sysex I/O or OSC messaging, or at least allow for either via some custom .so binaries?

I’ve got some pretty gnarly ideas for a full takeover sequencer mode that’s essentially a hybrid DAW plugin that would use the move as a control surface, almost like Maschine but for sequencing only, and I’m trying to brainstorm possible communication protocols

It’s a bug specific to you. I don’t have it, other people I know using Schwung don’t have it, also first time I’m seeing it mentioned, both here and on Discord.

3 Likes