Ableton model samples set up

Could anyone share their live preferences for model samples sync. I am using Windows10 and live 10. I actually had it working before but I’ve changed something somewhere now and I do not want. Basically just want ms to be synced with ableton so it records on time. Not sure is it better for ms to master or other way round. If anyone has it working with Windows could you share a screenshot please, thanks

I’m assuming you’ve checked this article from Ableton on Synchronizing Live via MIDI.

If so, please post back. Also, perhaps share a screenshot of your Live MIDI settings. I’ll also assume that you’ve checked your MIDI settings on the Model:Samples and have the right cable connections.

ya was looking at it but maybe its a model samples setting that needs changing, i’m a bit confused by abletons link midi settings too

Those settings should work. I tried with Live 10 and my Model:Samples and I almost couldn’t get it NOT to sync.

How is the Elektron connected to the computer? A USB cable or MIDI cable? I’m using a USB cable and I have no issues. I am on a Mac, however.

yep i definitely had it working before so I must have changed some setting in ableton or samples and now cant get it back. im using the official elektron cable and it works with transfer so i don’t believe it is a cable issue.
could you share your ableton settings?

Mine is very simple, as the rest of my gear is all being controlled with MIDI through the Scarlett 4i4’s MIDI ports.

Thanks for that, it’s gotta be my ms settings so

I’ve still not found the answer for this if anyone else has other answers it would be appreciated

Have you tried syncing via USB and by regular MIDI cable? Do neither work?