Ableton Microtuner

New free pack for Live 11 Suite owners

11 Likes

This is definitely A Good Thing. Can see the boys from King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard making a bunch of albums with Live now. :smiley:

2 Likes

My main focus the last few weeks has been using microtunings via M4l. Great timing!

3 Likes

Probably a lot to learn about MPE and m4l inside this patch. I’m super excited ! MPE patching in m4l is so obscure to me. I mean, I managed to get some micro tuning patch working, but no idea how. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just learned about this. Very cool, but heh, Ableton is about 15 years too late for me. I stopped wishing for microtonal integration with Live long ago, and now they finally deliver! I just decided to be satisfied with playing non-Western scales on physical fretless and moveable fret instruments and move away from trying to tune synths microtonally. Still, I’m glad they finally came through. Though I can’t use it until I upgrade (still on Live 10).

1 Like

Have never used Ableton, although I hope to try eventually. Just want to say I’m very happy about this; it’s always exciting to hear about more support for microtuning, especially from major players.

I know this seems a niche interest to most, but some of us feel utterly trapped and uninspired by being limited to one externally imposed, culturally specific tuning system. I suspect that if humanity survives say 100 years, a synthesizer limited to 12edo* will seem laughably archaic.

(* yeah I know you can pitch bend etc on most synths, but I don’t want clumsy workarounds to do something so fundamental as choose my frequency palette.)

Anyway I could go on all day. Thanks for reading my screed.

3 Likes