Ableton Live 9 - compatibility with overbridge

Hi,

I’m currently trying to make overbridge (latest version) work using Live 9 and my digitakt. I am running OS Sierra 10.12.6

The VST is not visible in the Ableton plug-ins menu on the left, but when I go to the plug-ins folder, it is sitting there. All the other plug-ins in the plug-ins folder are visible in Ableton (I have refreshed, of course). Sound is playing from the Digitakt to Ableton, but as I don’t have the VST in the menu, I cannot drop it onto a channel and get the 8 seperate channels.

Any idea what I am doing wrong here? It feels like it should be working as the connection is working in every other way.

Is it compatible with Live 9?

Thanks!

Same here! Nothing shows up in Plug-ins Categories. Though Overbridge works as expected in Cubase Artist 8.
Nobody had a clue why this happens?

Digitakt 1.40A
Overbridge 2.1.5.4
Windows 11 Pro 22H2
Live 9.7.7 Standard

Hi, at first I thought it was due to the VST version vst2 vs vst3, Ableton Live only supports vst3 from version 10+. But you can rule that out.

So my guess would be that the install path is pointing to a directory that Ableton Live doesn’t have access to. Since it works for you in Cubase, it would probably be somewhere in the Steinberg/VST folder or something. My tip would be to check the installation path.

Remember that Ableton Live can only access one VST folder. There are of course workarounds, but that’s not the problem. :crossed_fingers:

unless @paleosonic installed the vst3 version only, which wouldn’t show in Live 9

1 Like

Thanks! I’m more into hardware cables connecting stuff.

So looking into the VST2/3 paths, I think that the default path was pointing to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\. And after selecting custom folder C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\. Digitakt showed up together with the Cubase VST’s that didn’t show up before as well.

Problem solved!