Ableton Live 11

XO Drum Rack.adg (11.5 KB) I just made this in Live 11.0.6, Hopefully it works for you

6 Likes

That’s fantastic, thank you. :raised_hands:

I’ll give it a try ASAP.

In the meantime, I’ve been liking working in XO to build up grooves then pulling the stems out to individual tracks… I’m starting to find a workflow I really like with it.

I’ve just tried this, that’s perfect and exactly what I wanted, thank you. :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

No worries, Glad I could help. I have been meaning to do it for myself for a while now.

Live 11.1 Beta is up
M1 support incoming :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Its amazing news!

Nice! Wonder if any rewrite will have performance gains for other platforms as well.

This might get me to upgrade. I’m missing AUv3 support on the M1.

Nice update, some cool new devices and ui improvements.

But my personal highlight, changes my workflow drasticly

• Added a new “MIDI Envelope Auto-Reset” entry to the Options menu:

When enabled, certain MIDI control message types that are not automated for a given clip will automatically reset at the start of a new clip.

Note: for users who intentionally work opposite to this behavior, enabling this change will make corresponding Live Sets behave differently.

• In Live 11.0.5, “MIDI Envelope Auto-Reset” is disabled by default.
    • In Live 11.1, “MIDI Envelope Auto-Reset” is enabled by default for new Sets, and disabled by default in older Sets.

Good, good, good, good times :grinning:

3 Likes

What issues would this resolve for you?

I’ll guess that if you live perform a song and use cc’s to change your sounds it’s comfortable that every time you start the song it’ll start from the initial position, not the one you left mangling the sound.

3 Likes

Makes sense, thanks!

1 Like

As mncrmo said, but I just discovered that this option is already available in Live 11.0.10 (see release notes) :sweat_smile:

11.0.10b1

• Pitch Bend, Sustain, Expression, Mod Wheel, and other MIDI controllers that one would expect to reset to a default value will now do so at the beginning of clips that do not specify them. (Note: for users who intentionally use the previous behavior, this change will make their Live Sets behave differently. Therefore, the behavior is disabled by default. The behavior can be enabled by checking the “MIDI Envelope Auto-Reset” entry in the Options menu.)
3 Likes

The clip view tabs are an awesome improvement imo.
Also looking forward to using several “shifter” devices to do “live” harmonisation.

Yeah agree there re the tabs, and as soon as you expand the view it switches to vertical. Now for the device view… can they do it? I’ve been dreaming of a full screen device chain for years…

What are these “clip view tabs”? I googled around but found nothing.

1 Like

One of those UI improvements that I really like

Sorry, for low quality jpg

9 Likes

See previous post !

Oh, that’s much better!

1 Like

oooooooh

1 Like