Ableton live 10

As good as this update is, I really wish there were more updates to the Push. Specifically the Push 1.

thatā€™s the advantage of reading manuals I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

live 9 saw Generous updates, canā€™t wait to see what 10.5 looks like!

also, wavetable is a fcking beast

5 Likes

Aww cheers! Ned Rushā€™s vidos are great. Will watch this with a cuppa a little later.

1 Like

Itā€™s made me realize how excited I should be for this update and not just being like ā€œoh cool! Pinch zoom!ā€

2 Likes

whoa and VST 3 support, finally!

7 Likes

Is ableton 10.1 out yet? IIRC the 10.1 release is delaying Akaiā€™s OS updates for the force, specifically the ableton integration partā€¦

fwiw I find my ableton is crashing more in version 10 than it was in v.9ā€¦ tsk tsk

1 Like

I finish work in half hour and Iā€™m straight on it. Canā€™t believe itā€™s free as well :+1:

1 Like

I think I will download the beta. The 10.4 version crashes on two midi tracks for me on my iMac pro. What causes it is I am switching between a drum rack I am playing and then arming an audio track to process the drums with external get and record the loop. It either will crash or change the midi channel of my drum rack on track 1.

I just tried it out - I donā€™t have a DC coupled interface so I canā€™t make use of the CV outputs but the trigger outs work fine with my AC coupled interface for clocking and triggering envelopes. I think Iā€™ll pick up a ES-3 again though so I can use the CV outs and maybe even a ES-6. I always liked the idea of Silent Way but found it really cumbersome to use - this is so much simpler.

1 Like

I have been doing this with Bitwig for some time with a couple of ES-3ā€™s - great to see more DAWS following Bitwigs lead.

3 Likes

Well , time to get a shuttle control!

Thatā€™s 10.1 released

8 Likes

Hereā€™s someone who is using a Push 2 as a sort of looping Keytar and playing live (with a drummer) a sort of prog rock kind of thing.

Push-tar_Dan%20Freeman

(Not exactly sure where to put this post, this seemed as good a place as any.)

6 Likes

I wonder if this is worth the price considering Granulator is free and awesome.

Would like to know what people think about both, for those who have both.

3 Likes

Look:

9 Likes

This is huge!

1 Like

Also I just got my loop ticket for next year - was anyone else lucky enough?

2 Likes

Very good indeed! That can solve my problem that Ableton canĀ“t mirror the Master out to two outputs at a time. I wonder why Ableton is not prepared for this rather simple problem like sending the output to a recording device and to the FOH mixer at the same time.

2 Likes