Ableton live 10

yeah okay maybe i need to dig a little more haha, thanks for that @Unifono

1 Like

I know they both can do some wonderous things, neither were ever my cup of tea. Although Iā€™ve been spoiled by Reaktor long before using good olā€™ Abes which is probably why I never got to know them very well. Thereā€™s something about Reaktor ensembles that just breathes life into everything, imo. Thatā€™s how I feel about Wavetable too; even the most basic waveforms seem to have some extra bite/breath/life to them. That could totally be placebo though as Iā€™m a sucker for most new and shiny things, haha.

1 Like

Interesting. I still mostly use the factory ensembles but yeah, theyā€™re good quality. I should get back into it now that I have experience with nord modular, pd etc.

Just seen this added to the Live website for L10.

https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/now-live-10-suite-creative-extensions/?edit_off=true

Looks like some useful tools and effects to get into.

6 Likes

FYI, Iā€™ll say that Ableton 10.0.2 has been really unstable for me. Candy wheel spins and spins. Some songs wonā€™t even open. Just crashes constantly. Went back to 10.0.1 and everything works fine. Did have horrific flashbacks to the early days of Live 9 for a while though.

On mac OSā€¦ Yosemite, I think? At work right now and canā€™t remember. (Jesus, I canā€™t even keep up with all these OS updates anymore. )

1 Like

Wow. Nice one, Ableton. Not only do I continue to reduce hardware but Iā€™ll probably be able to start reducing 3rd party plugins. What is going on here? Ableton is on a mission to combat the affliction of GAS.

2 Likes

Man! Iā€™m so happy that I decided to upgrade to 10 Suite now!

If that sequencer is what I think it is- Iā€™ve actually been looking for a sequencer like that

2 Likes

Did you allow it to auto update? I remember some issues with this a while back. Its always better to download the installer and be sure to NOT write over the previous installation during the install process. Just an idea

Yeah, it was set to auto update for some reason. I donā€™t remember ever having that checked before, but oh well. I think itā€™s under control now. Thanks.

1 Like

Aye that Melodic Steps looks great fun!

2 Likes

The more I think about it, the more I doubt it being what I want it to be.

But, Iā€™m hoping that the ā€œlengthā€ is more than just the note length in the sequence, but time it takes before the sequencer moves onto the next step.

maybe you could argue that upgrading live is a little pricey, but you canā€™t say that ableton isnā€™t generous w their updates.

4 Likes

I was just playing with itā€¦ seems Length is note length, and all the rows move at the same speed. Still a lot of fun though, and the Poli synth sounds pretty great, which surprised me.

On the topic of Wavetable, itā€™s perhaps my favorite synth at this point (toss up between that and Operator). Itā€™s just so fun to program and I love its sound.

2 Likes

Shoot. Thatā€™s what I figured after I woke up a bit.

Thereā€™s got to be a sequencer out there like that somewhere though(outside of the Isotonik Frogger sequencer- because thatā€™s the only cool sequencer in their Arcade package returns)

I suppose nodal?

Edit: Found it

https://k-devices.com/products/moor/

3 Likes

moor is great fun though iā€™m having problems understanding how save preset in m4l works.
when using moor on midi out track to modular vco the result areā€¦ sporadic :smile:

3 Likes

Sweet! Thanks for the feedback of it! Probably the next thing Iā€™ll buy

good fun with plugins and it should work as good with outboard gear if set up correctly

1 Like

sooo

no summer upgrade deals for us live 9 users yet?

1 Like

Right?

Next discount period is when I will upgrade. Making Max native and quicker is the main thing I am upgrading for.

4 Likes

native max is a big un, but also looking forward to the small workflow improvements. I hope audio editing in the arrangement view has gotten more fluid, and grups within groups will be handy too!

furthermore, didnā€™t sysex support also cone in v 10? Thatā€™s major and will be undoubtedly interesting esp with max :diddly: