Ableton live 10

I know, but that does not change anything about the inutilty of this „improvement“. I have a 13“ screen and never had a problem with space due to automation lanes before. After three months of L10 beta I‘m still not convinced this is the way to go. Fortunately I do like a lot of the new functions, so it’s a minor gripe.

1 Like

Jeez my wallet is going to be drained with bitwig and live 10. Drum buss sounds amazing. I like the push 2 enhancements a lot too. I like the layout of the GUI now. Wavetable is a good synth.

1 Like

I really like the improvements but decided to cancel my preorder for now. Hoping for and might wait out for a smaller/standalone Push, + interest currently piqued more by the Dtone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Matt do you have a push2 already?

i don’t wanna sidetrack this thread, but how do you like BitWig so far? I’m thinking of making the jump after using Live for over a decade.

1 Like

Sold it, and tbh I regret it, it’s great

1 Like

I haven’t installed the beta yet but I will in the next few days. I’ve been watching the YouTube stuff on bitwig and it looks like a modular workhorse for your samples and synths

1 Like

I was very interested in this upgrade, mainly because of audio and MIDI edition improvements, but I just saw that OS 10.11 was the recquired minimum… I’m on OS 10.10 and had no plan for an apple update (mainly because I’m an outlaw running a custom apple tower that is stable as is and would be very buggy to update…).

10.10 is now obsolete for ableton?
I hate this updating obligations !!

cheers

3 Likes

Yep. They said it was because Apple no longer support 10.10.
2yr old 10.11 is still supported (it still gets security updates).

As Live 9 had ~5 years in the wild, i guess they had to draw a line and take things fwd from there – could be another 5 years til Live 11…

3 Likes

god bless we are on Windows - and can still rock around with Windows 7 for 9 years without any worries :smiley:

seriously - this whole version incompatibiliy crap on OSX is stupid nonsense!

5 Likes

I took the plunge on my Yosemite MacBook Pro 2014. It was worth it.

I’m spoiled by Elektron sequencers now and find it hard to bring myself to work with Push 2 anymore. I’m considering selling it and going back to Cubase for my final mix downs from the Hardware. I like Ableton Live’s session view but the arrangement view has nothing on Cubase. I’ve also used Cubase since vst 5 so I know it very well.

Ableton Live 10 is mostly about push updates, with what I said above I may not even upgrade. Time will tell.

3 Likes

Do you have any ace in the hole methods for controlling ITB instruments with Elektron sequencers? Or do you just set midi map everything every time?

Are we talking OT or MD? What VST or instrument do you want to sequence?

Mostly DT for now until the DN rolls in. sampler/Simpler first hits my head. Also the Arturia V Collections and the Samples from Mars instruments.

Tried the beta but wasn’t too impressed. The new wavetable synth UI is great, though. Have been waiting for this update to decide if I’d like to fet rid of my Push 2 or not. Now tried the push after a long break and I don’t quite know what to do. Workflow feels so sluggish. I don’t know if I have been spoiled by hardware but somehow I feel sedated using Push - button presses aren’t instant and it takes ages to find what I am looking for (perhaps partly because I haven’t been using it for a while).

1 Like

Its crazy what adding a piece of gear to your setup does to the matrix of the whole thing. I had Push, loved it. Adding the two Analog boxes - fantastic setup, got an Octatrack then felt the Push was redundant and sold it, then found the Octatrack cumbersome and sold that, so was back to ITB and the Elektron Analog machines, sold them upon release of Live 10, now miss Push as a tactile way into Live. So I’m gearless at the moment but still have my monitors and interface and a midi fighter twister. Logic being I have no time right now for tunes and needed the cash. But I’m definitely going to pick up a digitone. I really hope Ableton do a kind of mini-Push (not holding my breath tho) That plus a Digitone and a laptop is about all I really feel like right now :slight_smile: Otherwise might get a DT in leiu of a smaller Push.

I can only repeat saying how much I love Push2 as a “simple” mixer and FX controller. I don´t use the features that were designed for creating and arranging tracks with Push, but it replaced my mixer in the studio. You always have track names, a meterbridge and all parameters of all your fx accessable without the need of a configuration. Together with the Ableton Racks I built some standard FX boxes that I use in a lot of my tracks. I´d need another table (and a lot of money) to replace this setup with hardware. The more I use external hardware (Elektron or other stuff) the more I like Push2.

7 Likes

This makes me think that it would be super cool if Ableton released a mini push that replaced the pads with faders or a couple more banks of encoders.

1 Like

I’d go crazy for the push- sans the pads double the knobs and a few of the buttons

4 Likes