Ableton+Digitakt midi clock

Hello, I’m trying to sync Digitakt to Ableton’s clock, but it doesn’t seem to be working anymore…
On Ableton’s midi prefs, I have the midi sync option to Digitakt on, and the blue square flashing at the top left of Live’s screen, so it’s sending fine.
On DT, I have clock receive on, midi input to usb, but Digitakt doesn’t budge… What am I missing here?
Could it be because of OB or some setting I did for the loopback trick?

do you have the digtakt vst (OB) running in ableton ?

No.

Apparently in the USB Config, it’s either Overbridge OR USB Midi.
I’ve tried both but it’s not working on either.

No one?

both USB-MIDI and OB modes have different midi device names. watch ableton’s prefs when you switch modes on the DT and you’ll see the name change (takes a few seconds to switch here, then it syncs), and also its sync state (one mode can be sync’d, but when you switch, the sync button could be off). so make sure sync button is on for BOTH modes.

OB mode:
ob-mode

USB MIDI mode
usbmidi-mode

4 Likes

Ok thanks. That’s done and working fine, but still no sync… what setting am i missing on the DT?!

Hi, Can anyone explain what setting I need on the Digitakt? Thank you

You already said Clock Receive is enabled on the DT. That’s all I have set on mine and it works. Are you connected via a usb hub? Change the cable maybe?

If the digitakt is in overbridge mode you also should have the overbridge vst of the digitakt running in ableton, this give you control, audio over usb into ableton and sync if set in the vst

Thanks to all, it’s working now!

Hi!

How did you solve it, I seem to have the same problem.

hi, it was the Ableton settings… Track and sync on or off. I can’t tell you exactly which one was on and which was off, but i solved it by trial and error…

and I followed the advice on this thread.

Thanks, I could solve it.

I tried everything everyone said here and it’s working now, Even overbridge works perfectly on time. I was using a USB hub and I think that gave some extra latency as well.

Thanks to everyone!