Ableton crashed

Hi guys … it’s often happening to me, that while I play live with digitakt and digits, ableton closes me suddenly … you can tell me the reason :frowning:

Post more info…system OS, device OS, overbridge version, what you were doing at the time, etc

2 Likes

I was fiddling with digitakt, with the latest version of o.b, machitosh operating system

No one can tell you the reason with that little information available.

If you want an answer you first need to be able to reproduce the problem at your side (a single random crash won’t help to find an answer) and then you’ll need describe exactly what you have done.

Sorry, but “I fiddled with Digitakt and then Ableton crashed” sounds to me more like trolling than a serious attempt to get an answer.

Every Ableton crash produces an error log of the event. You’ll need to send it to Ableton for review if you want a detailed answer assuming that you own it :wink:

It happened to me too about a month ago!

I currently use Overbridge last version in Ableton 11 standard, Windows 10.
It only happened when I played 2 specific patterns (7 and 8 from bank A from one project). It also happened when running Overbridge as a stand-alone application (not in Ableton), but there OB didn’t shut down, it just didn’t display the sample waveform and it didn’t list the sounds in the sound browser. Also the tempo behaved funny, it wiggled in the beginning every time I pressed play (I also sent audio files to elektron).

I sent all the data and explained it to Elektron and they said my project must be corrupt.
So ok, I moved on, made another project.

But tonight it actually happened again (more than once) on a new DT project and in another Ableton project, so I assume the issue must be somewhere else.

@NxNW I think the question is legit and is for Elektron, not Ableton. This happened in Ableton 9 and also in Ableton 11 (I upgraded since then particularly because of this issue).