Ableton and Program change

Hi guys,

this my first post here, so hello to everyone and thanks in advance for patience and help :wink:

I crawled through the search results but couldn’t find a proper answer yet (oly results with problems in sync and stuff) but what I need is some kind of detailed explanation how to send pattern change messages to the rytm via ableton.

What I already did:

PROG CH RECEIVE in the rytm is on
INPUT FROMJ is MIDI +USB

I connected the rytm with USB (and also tried it with MIDI cable) to Ableton

All MIDI options in ableton for both outputs are on (track, sync and remote (or however it is called in english))

I set up a new midi track in live with output to the rytm and created a midi clip with a program change to bank 2 sub 2 programm 2 (and different other variations to experiment).

But nothing happens on the rytm it is still playing Bank A Pattern 1.

Can you please help me, if I forgott something or did something wrong?

Thanks guys.

surely noone here that uses the Rytm with Ableton? I’ll give it that last push…I would be really grateful for help.

Use ch16 to send midi and C2=A01,C#3=A02. With Overbrudge don’t use bank,sub,…

2 Likes

hello to the Elektronauts mate :wink:

Did you set Ableton and AR programm change to the same midi channel? Default is midi channel 14.

What @insect said - Pick a channel for program change, and make sure that your MIDI track in Live and the AR are set to that channel.

If you want to do things with Live ‘scenes’ and have the AR switch to the next pattern in the same way that say, switching patterns Elektron boxes works - you need to set the Clip Launch Quantization on the MIDI clips to ‘None’. This causes Live to send the PC message immediately, and the AR will queue up the next pattern and play it right after the current pattern ends.

hello, would you care to explain more in detail? thank you.