Ableton & Analog Heat – glitches

Hey,

if i use Analog Heat in Ableton on the Master Channel (via overbridge) it sound perfect during the normal playback… but if i render the project i get a lot of glitches. if anyone has a solution… that would be very cool :wink: Thanks…

Samplesize Buffer 256 kb
OSX 11.1.6
Ableton 9.7.1
Analog Heat 1.02
Overbridge 1.15

Normal Behaviour Analog Heat don’t support OFFLINE Rendering. Instead of Putting Overbridge HEAT instance of the plugin on the Master you need to set it up on an audio track. Route audio to it, put analog HEAT and process. Then create another audio track for resampling the processed signal. If it’s not clear for you, you can understand better by download how i set it up here :
Just delete in this template all related to Analog Four and RYTM and keep the Two audio tracks related to Analog HEAT and you will understand how to use the plugin for processing signal in REAL TIME
https://www.elektronauts.com/files/404

4 Likes

Thanks… i got it… note to myself… i am lazy… sometimes :grin:

1 Like

ha… and analog heat is “analog” – that make sense… hahaha…
and ableton don’t has a realtime rendering…!

3 Likes

Hey William,
what is your fav. setting on a Master Channel?

Myth

2 Likes

It’s depend of the SONG itself… I use other distortion algorithm on Tracks (Elements of the Song). But on a group i tend to use Clean Boost, Enhancement … Sometimes Saturation. Drive 25% to max 50% Dry/Wet 12 oclock (50%)
I can sometimes make things a bit dirty but i use then the Env Trigger so i have more clean on kicks a bit more dirty in between.

EQ/Filter really depend of the SONG

4 Likes

great tIpp!!! thanks a lot…

1 Like

it’s more or less the same technique i suggest.

1 Like

thanks… i use simular setings like you… but i put dry/wet normaly to 100% i like it raw on the channels… and than a EQ in DAW after it. for Groups and Master i do it like you.

do you process Analog Heat before or after you channel strip in your channels?

at the moment i go like that:

1. Audio/Midi
  2. Channel Strip
  3. Analog Heat
  4. EQ

Analog Heat last in the chain for me… but hey if it’s sound good to you, that’s all …
Just pay attention if you send then to mastering keep some headroom.

i am still figuring it out… it is cool to have a reference how other people use this awesome machine. thanks.

1 Like

My Buffer is at 128
and my Safety Margin at 75/100

When processing EQ, Reverb anything there’s a common practice you get something ok with you, you reduce a bit then. not too much but a bit. Same with Mixing Balance, Pan etc… it’s kind of auto safety margin - to be sure to not overdoo things

1 Like

Using the env for unclipping the loudest sounds (ie kicks) - pure genius! thx

1 Like

This is a great tip

Oh that’s not up to me… that’s just kind of p-locking and intended for the Env Trigger to working this way i guess… That’s behaviour can be used as i say in a NY processing in a way or the opposite more like a compressor… just another way to tame things or just parts of… Exactly like some Drum Leveler VST (https://www.soundradix.com/products/drum-leveler/)

Hello i have some problems with my heat,my set up is:
Mixer send signal thru the Heat with cables and after i make one channel in ableton with overbridge plugin for the heat,ON the channel so i can hear the result from the heat,and after 5min i have glitches and the heat it stop no sound,
Please i need help,maybe i put wrong signal path!?

did you updated the OS on AH?
do you run the latest version of OB?
is your Buffersize below 256?

Latest update,latest version,buffer size test 256,64,128,512
My ableton project run at 512 buffer

I want just the analog procesing from the heat thru the overbridge plugin in ableton channel for recording