AB input audible on all THRU machines as A+B

Hello,

I bought a used OT MKI a couple of months ago. Had no issues until i noticed a problem with the AB input.

It seems to be audible on all THRU machines as A+B mono, even if nothing is selected on the current input, the AB input is still audible. The volume control on the THRU machine also seems to affect the incoming rogue signal on AB when there is nothing selected. So on the THRU machines that i use for the CD inputs i have the AB volume to minimum. But thats just a quick fix so that i can use the CD inputs as i wish. But i would like to use the AB also as stereo or to separate monos.

Did i do something wrong ?

Am i missing a setting?

or is it bug?

seems very similar to what this user describes:

Altho when moving the input selector on the THRU machine seems that for a split seccond the sound interups and content becomes stereo if on A B setting. But that only for that split seccond after i move the selector, then sounds like is back to A+B.

would very much appreciate some help with this

Not sure if I quite get it but did you check you direct in levels on the mixer page?

Yep,
Direct Out is set to 0
Its happening in the THRU machine as if A+B is selected in the INAB section on the playback screen on the THRU machine

hmmm

noticed that its related to midi somehow.
I have the octatrack setup to recieve notes and CC’s from my main sequencer.
Sending midi notes to a THRU machine sets the A B input to A+B for some reason, but only audible, with no visual feedback (like the one you get when you mod it with a midi CC)

Seems to happen only on the Chromatic trigs (notes 72 to 96).

can anyone reproduce this?

Wecome.
Before testing, does it only happen when you send the notes 72/96 ?
Are you sure you don’t send CCs ?(CC16 for instance)

No problem with nothing plugged to midi in ?

Have you checked your LFOs? The 1st option in a thru track for LFO destination is the inputs. I’ve more than once nudged the lfo depth and had this sort of thing happen. Though mine resulted in sounds dropping out from a mono input.

Edit: added some context

Did a little testing
No problem when notes triggered from the OT
No mod on CC16
Plugged in just a midi keyboard and the same happens.
When I enter a note from 2 of the upper octaves of the keyboard A+B plays on that channel, even though there is no input selected on that THRU machine.

Also noticed something peculiar.

After triggering a keyboard note (long REL), when I enter a trig on the OT the sound stops abruptly, even with a click. Changed the input to A B to hear the incoming audio played stereo, triggered by the OT. After pressing again on the keyboard the sound turned mono, and then when the OT triggered again the sound turned stereo again. Like switching between A+B and A B.

What is the meaning of this lol

nope, All LFOs depth = 0

1 Like

I love that Octatrack has these puzzles built into it to keep us entertained

Like little Easter Eggs, but instead of chocolate it’s frustration.

4 Likes

Seems buggy indeed.
No part change I guess…

I will try later. Don’t hesitate to remind me if nobody confirmed.

2 Likes

No part change.
Just sample trig via MIDI.

On my OT this is reproduceble on any THRU machine on any track.

1 Like

Confirmed. :expressionless:

Please post it in bug thread and write to Elektron :

support@elektron.se

3 Likes

thanks a lot for your help!

will do.

cheers

2 Likes