A4Randomize

those who registered for the iOS beta will soon be able to download the app, apologies for the long wait :neutral_face:

Got the Testflight link and installed.
I’ll be able to play with it this weekend.

Dumb question- is the AK class compliant or do I need to use MIDI cables?

NOT WORK ON WIN8.
SCENES AND MORHP BUGS.

FOR AR WORKS CORRECTLY.

I suggest to create dedicated section for software at the forum’s home page and move all topics about software into it. This will help to keep all software discussions in one place (today if you want to find topic about soft for specific elektron device you have navigate to device section and go through all topics inside).

hey 3bkbk, could you elaborate a bit on ‘not work on win8’? does it not work at all? are you able to randomize the parameters?

you should be fine either with USB or MIDI

would be nice to have an extra section in the forum just for software, sometimes things gets lost, yep…perhaps it’ll come one day

This is fantastic. Guga, pm me your email and I’ll send a paypal payment to you. I’d rather do it from my account directly if that’s ok.

I was wondering if I might suggest an enhancement? It would be great if A4R had a “strength” parameter. This way you could get slight variations to an original sound. Also, the ability to turn off certain params before hitting the ‘all’ button, combined with strength could be really great.

Thanks for your great work. It is working great on my MBP running Mavericks.

thanks soltec :slight_smile:

edit: current version will be available soon for those who registered in the past week/s

…just thought i would give a quick update on this, been quiet for a while now:
as of the 26th of february, apps developed for iOS will have to match new Apple’s criteria (well…been always like this anyway) meaning that only apps developed using iOS8 will be accepted from both Apple and TestFlight,
unfortunately this means that i won’t be able to develop Tabula further due to lack of funds/resources
i’m not abandoning the project though, so in case anything happens, i’ll make sure to let you know, in the meantime i’ll have to find an alternative solution.
the old versions will still be available for download but only Mac/Win versions
apologies for this

after using my nord rack 4 , i think an app that can do random cc to gear might have some legs…

nord does some really nice types of random numbers,
on an app / util you could set ranges on each parameter , link it to templates for different hardware and off you go.

set numbers to be random from XX to XX (e.g. 50 to 70)
if you know the cc and parameter , you could specify which to be random…maybe you just update the filters ?

was very surprised by the results by just mashing the mutate/random buttons :slight_smile: , the “strength” of mutation worked nicely.

i see some of these suggestion are commented above , just wanted to say how much fun these types of tools can be.

…long time since last post so i thought i would check with you guys first: how many of you still use this randomizer even with OB out there? would it be worth to invest some time to improve/update it? :confused: :alien: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Does this mean your Mac is fixed / are back fully operational?

…reaallly looong time since last post in here (forum says 712 days :open_mouth: )
i was just wondering if there is still some interest in this little tool? if so, it might be time to work on a new version maybe? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ah, good that you bump this thread!

Great idea. From kyma7 i always love randomize all selected parameters by a certain percentage (depth) as a starting point for unconventional stuff.

Is it possible to define the depth of the randomization by percent?
Will it work with a4 mk2 as well?

I Will try it as soon as i am back on the a4 mk2. Thanks for your effort.

1 Like

Definitely - please do!

1 Like

By all means, keep working on this if you can! M4L is a great companion for the A4/AR in both sound-design and composition.

1 Like

Will get my A4 this week.

Would love to see A4Randomize continue.

1 Like

You know what - I downloaded this in October… and forgot to unzip the file(!). I’m going to give it a go as soon as I get a chance, but in general - please keep on developing!

(Oh, and if a native Linux version is ever a possibility, that’d be even better).