A4Randomize

windows version now available for download (app icon to be added)

Sweet going to try this when I get home. Thanks for sharing! :+1:

Hi Guga,
Thanks for the update! Much more random!
Unfortunately though, I’m not getting anything great tonally anymore. Too much randomness! Maybe you can add random depth sliders and on/off options to change certain pages? I’d pay for something like this!
Keep up the great work!

i’m more like: well, it’s a randomizer, it has to be as random as possible otherwise it’s not a randomizer right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
but i agree, some sort of control over the randomization is good. i’ll start to look a this once things work properly

If you need any beta testing feel free to PM me – though it looks like you’ve got it all covered. thanks for your hard work!

…just uploaded (literally) a quick video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP8UchGqf6Y :slight_smile:
will need some work to get it to look right on both devices but at least it’s there now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
if anyone is interested in giving it a try, just send me a pm so i can let you know what’s needed

:alien:

iOS versions are most welcome… being able to get away from the computer is very nice! :wink:

:slight_smile: well…if you think about it…you’re still using a computer in the end :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: a really compact one!
testing on iOS should start pretty soon hopefully, so watch this space (and others :alien: ) for upcoming news

HI There,

I must be doing something wrong, can’t get it to work. I have hooked up my A4 through USB to my macbook, are there specific settings in the midi setup of the A4, or do I need to connect to the A4 through a midi interface?

Thank you

I’m only hooked up via USB. Just select the ElektronA4 interface for both in and out and you’re good to go. It should show up as an option if you’re connected via USB.

I’m only hooked up via USB. Just select the ElektronA4 interface for both in and out and you’re good to go. It should show up as an option if you’re connected via USB. [/quote]
Okay, I see the A4 interface and can select it, however when I hit a button, nothing happens.

make sure you select a track first, then you can start randomizing

edit: if you click on the question mark, a quick ‘how to’ will show up

Thanks for the quick reply. I just realise I’m on OSX 10.9, would that cause the issue?

mmm, not that i know…does it work when you select one of the four tracks and then click on one of the page button you want to randomize?

Tried that, but nothing happens, had a go with a different laptop, but no luck.
Could it be a midi setting at the A4 preventin to receive?

BTW the randomiser for the AR does not seem to work either with my setup :sob:

…could be, check in the global menu->midi config->midi port config whether receive MIDI CC/NRPN is enabled/disabled

testing of the A4R on iOS will start pretty soon. anyone interested can join here :slight_smile:

signed up for both…

Now if only @void would make his randomize app for iOS…

great dimi3! more news to come soon :wink:
nnaaaaa, he’s not interested in such things :smiley: :smiley: :imp: