A4MKII - Sound lock hiding note parameters

Hello,

When I use a sound lock on a trig to play a sound from the sound pool instead of the default sound for the track, every subsequent long press on the trig key shows a little panel with the sound from the sound pool, which is hiding the lefmost parameters of the screen (so I can’t really tell the velocity of the note, for example).

Any way to hide that little “sound pool” panel ?

Thanks,

I have a ticket open for that one.

2 Likes

Cool thanks!

What did they say about it? Because I find myself reverting for the track sound, adjusting the velocity, then rereverting to the pool sound, which is not the best ergonomically speaking! :smiley:

Only that they’d look into it. Maybe describe your issue in a ticket, too.

1 Like

Well I just did, hope they will ship the new OS with a solution for that (maybe just press no?) :slight_smile:

ha! I just came on here to ask about the same problem. sound locks are a huge part of my workflow, so this essentially renders the A4 mkII borderline useless for my needs. I find it hard to believe that artists like Dataline, Carl Mikael, Cuckoo, and Bo Beats, who had early access to test out the OS, put it through its paces, and build tracks didn’t come across this glitch. The support response of “we’ll look into it” seems to convey they weren’t aware of it.

1 Like

btw, it doesn’t just hide the left most note parameters, it hides the left most parameters on EVERY parameter page!!!

1 Like

It’s apparently on their todo. It has been reported yo the support more than once. When it will be corrected is unknown yet, though.

First thing I noticed. Also, on mine, holding a trig displays the wrong note on the mini keyboard

Waiting on an update for sure

I bet they’re pretty busy with the simultaneous launch of all their new products!

I came here to try and figure this out.
I had an mki, sold it, brought an mkii home yesterday and started plocking, only to instantly encounter this. I couldn’t remember what the screen looked like previously, and if the mki had this same behavior.

It didn’t, right?

This is horrible. If you accidentally p-lock, say, fine tune, there’s no way to see if you’ve p-locked it back in tune.

Yes, it’s a bad joke. They even released a firmware update after this was reported and it still didn’t fix the issue. It basically makes the machine useless until it’s fixed, at least for me.

Useless is a bold statement, I still use it via midi from my DAW. But yeah it makes using the internal sequencer a bit painful.

I don’t use a DAW, so for me, being unable to use sound locks cripples it. It’s not useless, but I have no desire to compose with it until it’s fixed.

I hear you, man. It really decreases the value of the machine in standalone mode. Hopefully they’ll fix it in the next patch!

1 Like

I thought that the powerful, Elektron sequencer was their flagship concept?

P-locking filters, transpose, and other important things is just not the same when you can’t see what you’re doing.
I mean, you can always use your ears, but for sequences with lots of motion, it’s really hard to fine tune things using ears-only when the parameter lock is in the middle of a run of sixteenth notes.

Hopefully they get this fixed someday—if not soon.

Did they mention that the new version of overbridge would allow you to do p-locks via daw? I prefer to go dawless (as do many of you, I suppose, given that we’re all buying hardware synths and samplers), but overbridge plocks would be something of a compromise before they actually fix this problem.

Hey folks.
I don’t have an A4 MKII, but I noticed something on my Digitone and I wonder if it would also work on the A4/AR MKIIs.

When choosing a sound lock, yea, the parameters behind that list of sound pool sounds gets obscured.

But when on that step, with the step button held down on the Digitone, hitting the YES button, locks that sound and the list goes away.
The hidden parameters are now visible.

Do the Analog MKIIs exhibit this behavior as well?

I have to try this as soon as possible. Hope it works…

Just tried this and it doesn’t work.

The only solution I can think of is to show this menu when the user turns the track level knob and only then. I believe the MK1 is like this, but I don’t fully remember.

Yea, after selecting a sound and hitting yes, this is exactly how it works on the Digitone.

Hopefully they can migrate that functionality right over to the A4 MKII.

2 Likes