A4II controlling Behringer TD-3

Hello there … I see that my Behringer TD-3 can receive MIDI instructions for slide and accent, I was hoping to control these with the CV track on my A4 but the parameters are not available it seems, on the LFO anyway.

The TD-3 triggers a slide when the notes overlap in the sequence, the accent triggers simply with a note over 50% volume … I do not see these parameters on the LFO list … can anyone confirm they are not available for modulation on the A4? Any workarounds?

It seems normal that TD3 parameters aren’t available in A4 lfo destinations. :content:

A4 sequencer can send midi notes only.
Lfos don’t send midi. CV is not midi.

So what TD3’s manual says ? You need notes to overlap for a slide ? Doable with Note page LEN
Accent depends on velocity? Change Velocity in Note page.

1 Like

just FYI - the velocity needed to trigger an accent is “more than 96” by default, not 63 (you can change it in the software app)

2 Likes

behringer did not really bother making anything CC controllable on the TD3, probably so they could keep it super cheap I guess.

or because it would be annoying the GODS OF ACID to make it work any way other than twiddling the cut off/resonance/envelope knobs.

(the first one I think)

3 Likes

Yep. Check TD3 MO version, which have much more midi or cv control.

1 Like

Yes, I can make slides and accents, and it is much easier than the 303 type sequencer to edit and modulate on the A4, yes I can change note length or velocity but I can’t assign envelope or LFO to them. This was disappointing, I just wondered if I had missed something here …

ALSO I have successfully modulated the TD-3 filter from the A4 CV out, but it will only act as a filter at a fast mod rate … if the A4 CV is slower than a note (or something short) it ceases to act as a filter …

Hoping my Avalon arrives in time for Christmas … :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately.

Ah it is surprising. I modulated a modded Monotron filter at different rates with lfo, or changed CV value with a knob, envelope…

1 Like

The filter in jack on the TD-3 is for audio, not control voltage. Sending voltage offset will however do some changes to the audio, but its not filtering.

1 Like

I looked int this, seems you may be correct … This is what I did … some kind of filter only control:

but this guy says it is affecting filter amplitude only:

He creates what he calls an FM effect, but surely that is AM…?

Its not really AM either. But when you insert cv into the filter input it will add a voltage offset to the oscillator. So it “pushes” the whole wave up/down. It will run out of headroom so it would disapear if the voltage is too high.

Something cool to do with this is using cv out of the TD-3 to control a couple of oscillators in a modular system. Run the audio from those back into the filter input. Then put the saw/square selector in the middle to turn off the internal osc. Then you have the “classic” 303 glide, accents and filter, but with what ever osc waveforms you want.

1 Like