A4 Tips & Tricks

I discovered that the delay on the Analog Four works really well as a looper, which helps with the limited polyphony.

With feedback set to 100, delay input filters wide open, and delay overdrive at zero, the delay is very stable and doesn’t seem to degrade or blow out even over long periods. I made a kit with a macro set up to throw sound into the delay line, and another to kill the feedback (to clear the loop), and have been having a lot of fun with just one voice making looped drones/riffs and then shredding over the top. Leaving three tracks free for percussion!

17 Likes

Hey all, does anyone know a trick to be able to ‘perform’ the filter but keeping the filter settings of the sounds from the soundpool that are on the same track untouched? (Sorry my english is broken today …)

1 Like

Afaik that’s a general limitation with sound locks on all Elektrons I owned so far… (DN, DT, M:C, A4)

1 Like

Anyone know if it possible to copy a track to another track (including preset, pattern and trgs etc?

Copy the track in grid recording mode, paste it on the other track. Then hold track button and copy it, hold other track button, paste it.

1 Like

Many thanks.

1 Like

I’ve been wanting use aftertouch to do subtle pitchbend on the Analog Four. The minimum aftertouch amount is 1, which is a semitone when applied to pitch, and this is more than I want. I came up with this workaround today:

1. Set up an LFO like this
  2. Add a lock trig to trigger the LFO
  3. Set aftertouch to modulate LFO depth by 1

The LFO start phase (“SPH”) controls the depth of the pitch bend. Higher SPH setting = less pitchbend.

9 Likes