A4: Strange live recording behavior when sequencing via Overbridge

Hello,

I use the live recording of parameters while sequencing into the A4 from my DAW. This works only if I turn on unquantised live recoding - if quantised live recording is on, then the parameter changes do not have an audible effect, even when they have been clearly recorded as can be seen by checking the steps.

On the Digitone, there is no difference between quantised recording - as it should be.

I really love rediscovering my A4, but it’s these kind of quirks that sometimes drive me crazy. My question: can anybody here confirm similar behavior for his/her unit?

Thank you all,

K

Are you sending CCs to the A4 or are you automating the A4’s OB interface? I’m unable to record any parameter controls into the onboard seq sent from an external source here (quantised or unquantised rec mode) but i’m probably doing something wrong…

Hi,

I am sending notes to the A4, and record live knob movements in the A4 sequencer.

K

Update: It’s an Overbridge issue.

A4 frequently, but not predictibly, loses Midi connection when I use Overbridge. The other box I use, the Digitone, has the same problem. The A4 still sends audio when a key is pressed, but does not react to incoming Midi any more. I then have to turn the box off and on, or wait some time.

No problem when I only use Midi over USB. This used to be a common problem here in the forum, sometimes caused by USB hubs, but in my case it happens even when the A4 is connected directly.

I do not use my boxes live, so I can work around the problem. On the plus side, I really start knowing my way around the menus on the machine :wink:

Best,

K